[visionlist] Only 3 days left to submit Practitioner Proposals for the 2021 Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN) Conference
malee at csu.edu.au
Sun Apr 18 00:13:17 -04 2021
FINAL CALL FOR PRACTITIONER PROPOSALS
iLRN 2021: 7th International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network
May 17 to June 10, 2021, on iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by Virbela
... and across the Metaverse!
Technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Education Society,
with proceedings to be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore(r)
Conference theme: "TRANSCEND: Accelerating Learner Engagement in XR across Time, Place, and Imagination"
Conference website: http://immersivelrn.org/ilrn2021
Practitioner flyer at: https://rb.gy/tn7q6b
The 7th International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN 2021) will be an innovative and interactive virtual gathering for a strengthening global network of researchers and practitioners collaborating to develop the scientific, technical, and applied potential of immersive learning. It is the premier scholarly event focusing on advances in the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), and other extended reality (XR) technologies to support learners across the full span of learning--from K-12 through higher education to work-based, informal, and lifelong learning contexts.
Following the success of iLRN 2020, our first fully online and in-VR conference, this year's conference will once again be based on the iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by Virbela, but with a range of activities taking place on various other XR simulation, gaming, and other platforms. Scholars and professionals working from informal and formal education settings as well as those representing diverse industry sectors are invited to participate in the conference, where they may share their research findings, experiences, and insights; network and establish partnerships to envision and shape the future of XR and immersive technologies for learning; and contribute to the emerging scholarly knowledge base on how these technologies can be used to create experiences that educate, engage, and excite learners.
Note: Last year's iLRN conference drew several thousand registrants from across the globe, making the scheduling of sessions a challenge. This year's conference activities will be spread over a four-week period so as to give attendees more opportunities to participate at times that are conducive to their local time zones.
##### PRACTITIONER STREAM SESSION FORMATS #####
*** The Practitioner Stream of the conference is for those who wish to present at the conference _without_ publishing papers in the conference proceedings. Submissions are evaluated on the basis of a structured proposal. ***
- Oral Presentation: Pre-recorded video + live in-world discussion with others presenting on similar/related topics (groupings of presenters into sessions determined by Program Committee)
- Poster Presentation: Live poster session in 3D virtual exhibition hall; pre-recorded video optional
- Guided Virtual Adventures: 60-minute small-group guided tours of to various social and collaborative XR/immersive environments and platforms
- Immersive Learning Project Showcase: WebXR space to assemble a collection of virtual artifacts, accessible to attendees throughout the conference
- Workshop: 1- or 2-hour live hands-on session
- Special Session: 30- or 60-minute live interactive session held in world
- Panel Session: 60-minute live in-world discussion with a self-formed group of 3-5 panelists (including a lead panelist who serves as a moderator)
Please see the conference website for guidelines and to access the submission form.
##### TOPIC AREAS #####
XR and immersive learning in/for:
Serious Games • 3D Collaboration • eSports • AI & Machine Learning • Robotics • Digital Twins • Embodied Pedagogical Agents • Medical & Healthcare Education • Workforce & Industry • Cultural Heritage • Language Learning • K-12 STEM • Museums & Libraries • Informal Learning • Community & Civic Engagement • Special Education • Geosciences • Data Visualization and Analytics • Assessment & Evaluation
##### IMPORTANT DATES #####
- FINAL late-round submission deadline for Practitioner Stream: 2021-04-19
- Notification of outcome: Within 3 days from submission
- Practitioner presenter registration deadline: 2021-04-30
- Final practitioner abstracts for conference program due: 2021-04-30
- Deadline for uploading presentation materials (videos, posters, etc.): 2021-05-10
- Conference opening: 2021-05-17
- Conference closing: 2021-06-10
##### CONTACT #####
Inquiries regarding the iLRN 2021 conference should be directed to the Conference Secretariat at conference at immersivelrn.org .
General inquiries about iLRN may be sent to info at immersivelrn.org .
(Sent to visionlist at visionscience.com)
| ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | BRISBANE | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | MELBOURNE | ORANGE | PORT MACQUARIE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with Charles Sturt University may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at Charles Sturt University. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of Charles Sturt University.
Charles Sturt University in Australia The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018
Consider the environment before printing this email.
More information about the visionlist