[visionlist] New MOOC – How We See the World: Visual Function and Eye Health – Join now!

TOO, Elsa [SO] elsa.too at polyu.edu.hk
Thu May 13 14:03:42 -04 2021

Dear Optometry Colleagues

We are excited to announce the launch of our massive open online course, How We See the World: Visual Function and Eye Health. Through this introductory course on vision and eye health, we hope to educate the public and prospective optometry students on what optometrists do and the importance of regular eye exams.

This course is ideal for high school students considering the profession, pre-optometry students who want to get a taste of what’s ahead, or anyone in the general public who is fascinated by eyes and wants to learn more. The course includes videos, animations, hands-on activities and forum discussions. Learners can check their understanding through quizzes and fun peer-assessed tasks at the end of each module.

MOOC OPT101x Registration - https://www.edx.org/course/how-we-see-the-world-visual-function-and-eye-health
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/PolyUOPT101x
Course Introduction Video - https://youtu.be/BGfO6CORAjk%20<https://youtu.be/BGfO6CORAjk>

Develop your understanding of vision and discover how visual functions relate to your daily life. Learn and apply techniques to help you take better care of your eyes.

•Anywhere | •Anytime (31 May – 19 Jul 2021) | •Introductory Level

What you will learn:
1. Structures and functions of the eye
2. The resolution of the eye
3. Depth perception
4. Colour vision
5. Common eye conditions
6. How to protect your eyes

The course runs for six weeks and will begin on 31 May 2021. Registration is open now on edx.org. Please pass on this information to everyone you think would be interested in joining learners from around the globe in finding out more about the eyes and vision!

School of Optometry
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
[https://www.polyu.edu.hk/emaildisclaimer/PolyU_Email_Signature.jpg]

Disclaimer:

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (the University) immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

The University specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through University E-mail Facilities. Any views and opinions expressed are only those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the University and the University accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or damages incurred or caused to any party as a result of the use of such information.