[visionlist] Research Coordinator position available
Fuensanta Vera Diaz
vera_diazf at neco.edu
Wed Jun 2 07:04:22 -04 2021
An exciting opportunity for a *Clinical Research Project Coordinator* is
available at the New England College of Optometry (NECO). We are seeking a
motivated individual with experience in clinical research studies to help
us lead a longitudinal myopia (nearsightedness) study at Dr. Vera-Diaz’s
Children’s Vision Lab <https://www.neco.edu/research/faculty/diaz/lab).>. The
PICNIC <https://www.neco.edu/PICNIC> study aims to understand the mechanism
whereby some children develop myopia; this information will be critical for
the design of effective myopia prevention and control treatments.
The project is part of a collaborative research effort of experts in
clinical optometry, neuroscience, vision science and electrophysiology. We
use a variety of clinical and laboratory research methodologies, including
psychophysics, aberrometry, gaze-contingent eye-tracking, biometry and
The project coordinator will work closely with the principal investigator
and her interdisciplinary team.
• Organization of activities to recruit potential research subjects
• Perform pre-screening interviews with potential subjects’ families
• Coordinate subject schedules with the team of investigators
• Ensure compliance with best clinical practice standards
• Ensure adherence to the project's protocol
• Perform automated tests following the project’s protocol
• Capture electronic data in an online database
• Coordinate inventory and manage supplies
• Other small project-related tasks
A successful candidate will be a self-starter who possesses keen attention
to detail and an ability to learn quickly. Excellent interpersonal and
communication skills are necessary.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or marketing field
• Basic understanding of research processes
• Basic computer data entry skills
• Previous experience in clinical research is recommended but not required
• Previous experience in patient care and medical scheduling or marketing
experience are a plus
• HIPAA and Human Subjects training will be provided
This is a part-time position funded for 3 years. Schedule is somewhat
flexible. NECO is an independent institution renowned as a leading myopia
research and clinical center.
For further information and informal enquiries, please contact Dr.
Vera-Diaz at vera_diazf at neco.edu.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist