[visionlist] Harvard Postdoctoral Fellowship in Machine Learning Modeling for Eye Diseases
Mengyu_Wang at meei.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 15 17:42:46 -04 2021
A postdoctoral position is available in Harvard Ophthalmology AI Lab (https://ophai.hms.harvard.edu<https://ophai.hms.harvard.edu/>) under the supervision of Dr. Mengyu Wang (https://ophai.hms.harvard.edu/team/dr-wang/) at Schepens Eye Research Institute of Massachusetts Eye and Ear and Harvard Medical School. The start date is flexible, with a preference for candidates capable of starting in September 2021. The initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of extension. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary for the postdoctoral fellow will follow the NIH guideline commensurate with years of postdoctoral research experience.
In the course of this interdisciplinary project, you will collaborate with a team of world-class scientists and clinicians with backgrounds in visual psychophysics, engineering, biostatistics, computer science, and ophthalmology. You will work on developing statistical and machine learning models to improve the diagnosis and prognosis of common eye diseases such as glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy. You will have access to abundant resources for education, career development and research both from the Harvard hospital campus and Harvard University campus.
The successful applicant will:
1. possess or be on track to complete a PhD or MD with background in mathematics, computational science, computer science, statistics, machine learning, computer vision, image processing, biomedical engineering, visual science and ophthalmology or a related field. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
2. have strong programming skills (C++, Python, R, MATLAB, etc.) and in-depth understanding of statistics and machine learning. Experience with Linux clusters is a plus.
3. have a strong and productive publication record.
4. have a strong work ethic and time management skills along with the ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team as required.
Your application should include:
1. curriculum vitae
2. statement of past research accomplishments, career goal and how this position will help you achieve your goals
3. two representative publications
4. contact information for three references
The application should be sent to Mengyu Wang via email (mengyu_wang at meei.harvard.edu<http://meei.harvard.edu/>) with subject "Postdoctoral Application in Harvard Ophthalmology AI Lab".
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at http://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.
Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted). If you do not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please notify the sender of this message immediately. Continuing to send or respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over unencrypted e-mail.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist