[visionlist] Recruitment - Postdoctoral Fellow/ Research Associate/ Research Assistant (Ref. CEVR-R117-119)
career at cevr.hk
Thu Jun 24 01:19:28 -04 2021
Job post: Postdoctoral Fellow (CEVR-R117) / Research Associate(CEVR-R118) / Research Assistant (CEVR-R119) [Appointment period: contract of 12 months to max 36 months]
Organisation background: Centre for Eye and Vision Research Limited (CEVR) is a research collaboration between The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) and the University of Waterloo (UW) in Canada. It will be located at the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. It will be the first global hub performing ground-breaking research in five key areas - myopia and eye growth, ocular drug discovery and delivery, vision enhancement, tear film and ocular surface and advanced optometric technology. The mission of CEVR is to generate technologies to prevent vision loss in the aging population and preserve healthy vision.
Research study background:
We are at the interface of multiple disciplines including meta-genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics to study ocular microbiology. To gain valuable information from the big data related to ocular diseases in our research, bioinformatics will play a central role.
Required skills and job duty:
The appointees will assist the project leaders in the research project : "Ocular surface microbiome" The tasks include:
1. Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
2. Analyze large molecular datasets such as genomic sequence data such as RNA-seq or Ribo-seq, proteomics data for clinical or basic research purposes.
3. Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.
4. Test new and updated bioinformatics tools and software. Develop data models and databases.
Preference will be given to candidate who has the experience in the following areas or related skills:
1. Proficient with R or python, and experience in the Unix/Linux environments.
2. Proficiency in creating, modifying, and maintaining Unix scripts (shell/perl/python) to perform database management and analysis in parallel.
3. Familiarity with bioinformatics software packages, such as STAR, BWA, DESEQ2, Bioconductor, GSEA, samtools, etc.
Applicants for the Postdoctoral Fellow posts should have a doctoral degree or an equivalent qualification in any of Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Biology, Vision Science, Psychology, Neuroscience, Optometry, Ophthalmology, Applied Physics, Optics, Chemical Technology, Health Technology, Bioinformatics, Rehabilitation or other related disciplines.
Applicants for the Research Associate posts should have a master's degree or an equivalent qualification in one of the said disciplines.
Applicants for the Research Assistant posts should have an honours degree or an equivalent qualification in one of the said disciplines.
The appointees shall be working in Hong Kong. Overseas graduate is welcome to apply, the qualification awarding institution should be the top 100 institutions for STEM-related subjects in QS/Shanghai Jiao Tong Uni/Times Higher Education world university rankings. (details here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CvMCaVZsB--SeVGbioZHtqFcx7-UmQZl/view?usp=sharing>)
Applicants may contact Dr. Qian Zhao (q.zhao at polyu.edu.hk<mailto:q.zhao at polyu.edu.hk>) of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University or Prof. Trevor Charles (tcharles at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:tcharles at uwaterloo.ca>) of the University of Waterloo for enquiry.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants are invited to send the application form (download <https://drive.google.com/file/d/16GzSQ4JHy3TnJsynR_ss8hFwvB7X1fxY/view?usp=sharing> here), CV and expected salary to the email career at cevr.hk<mailto:career at cevr.hk>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist