[visionlist] Online workshop: R tidyverse, September 8 - 10

Stefanie Müller stm at leibniz-psychology.org
Fri Jul 23 08:06:16 -04 2021

Dear all,

I’d like to invite you to a workshop on data processing with R organized by
ZPID.

The workshop will focus on data wrangling and visualization of data using
the tidyverse of R, a collection of R packages designed to greatly simplify
these processes.

Day 1 will review the basics of R, loading data via the vroom package and
basic cleaning of text using regular expressions.

Day 2 will introduce tidying and organising data via the tidyr and dplyr
packages as well as ggplot2 for visualization.

Day 3 will look at functional programming tools using the purrr package,
which greatly simplifies repeating operations. RMarkdown documents enable
reproducible and automated reporting. Many statistical packages have
complicated and idiosyncratic data structures. The broom package helps to
convert them to consistent data structures.

The workshop will be held online, from September 8 - 10, 9 am to 5 pm CET
(Brussels/Madrid/Berlin/Rome/Paris/Budapest). Participation is free of
charge. Find out more on our workshop website,
https://leibniz-psychology.org/en/rtidyverse2021/. Please register by
August 16. Feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues and
students.

All the best,

Stefanie

--
Stefanie Mueller, Dr.
Head of study planning, data collection, and data analysis services

www.leibniz-psychology.org
ZPID - Leibniz Institute for Psychology
Universitätsring 15
D-54296 Trier, Germany