[visionlist] Two PhD Student Positions in Experimental Psychology

Christian Valuch cvaluch at uni-goettingen.de
Mon Aug 2 10:58:35 -04 2021

The Department of Experimental Psychology at the University of Göttingen
has two PhD student positions available, ideally starting October, 1st,
2021. Please note that we have extended the application deadline until
August, 8th, 2021. The fixed-term positions (3 years) are remunerated
based on German pay grade 13 TV-L (50%, or 19.90h/week). Applicants need
to have excellent German skills to assist in the department’s teaching
and examination duties in the Bachelor and Master programs in Psychology.

Candidates will work on a PhD project in the field of experimental
consciousness research. Our group investigates behavioral and neural
mechanisms of processing unconscious visual stimuli to understand
priming and visual masking. To this end, we use psychophysical (e.g.,
reaction times, eye movements), physiological (EEG, fMRI), and
phenomenological approaches. Candidates will be closely involved in all
aspects of experimental design, data collection, analysis and
publication of results. A high degree of independence and contribution
of own ideas is expected.

Applicants should have studied Psychology and possess knowledge and
interest in the human visual system, visual cognition, neuroanatomy and
statistics. Experience with statistical software (ideally R) and
programming (e.g., MATLAB, Python, Presentation) are expected.
Experience with psychophysiological methods (e.g. EEG, fMRI) is an
advantage. Applicants will possess analytical thinking, comprehension,
commitment, self-organization, teamwork, and communication skills.

Please send your application with the usual documents in electronic form
via e-mail by August, 8th, 2021 to Georg-August-Universität Göttingen,
Institute for Psychology, Department of Experimental Psychology,
Gossler-Str. 14, 37073 Göttingen, e-mail:
uwe.mattler at psych.uni-goettingen.de.

For more information see:
https://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/305402.html?cid=15644