[visionlist] Pre-doctoral Fellowship - Neurophysiology Interpersonal Movement Coordination @ Italian Institute of Technology (IIT)

Alice Tomassini Alice.Tomassini at iit.it
Thu Sep 9 08:01:04 -04 2021

The Italian Institute of Technology (IIT) is offering a Pre-doctoral Fellowship to work on the Neurophysiology of Interpersonal Movement Coordination.

At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centres around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
The Multiscale Brain Communication Research line is coordinated by Luciano Fadiga, who has extensive experience in the neurophysiology of movement, with particular interest in the mechanisms underlying action understanding for interpersonal coordination. The research focuses on the neural mechanisms responsible for our capacity to communicate with others. This includes the development of new brain interfaces, specifically conceived for human use, to transduce and computationally decode neural signals.

Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:

·       Support in the collection of behavioral/kinematic (Mocap) and neurophysiological (EEG) data in tasks involving dyadic coordination
·       Support in data analysis

This open position/research is financed by the BIAL Foundation within the “The hidden rhythm of interpersonal (sub-)movement coordination” project awarded to Dr. Alice Tomassini.

Please submit your application using the online form (https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=it&job=2100005X) and including a detailed CV, university transcripts, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications).

Application deadline: October 11th , 2021