[visionlist] [meetings] 2021 Hamlyn Winter School on Surgical Imaging and Vision - Virtual Event
stamatia.giannarou at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 7 17:18:20 -04 2021
2021 Hamlyn Winter School on Surgical Imaging and Vision - Virtual Event
6th December - 10th December 2021
Surgical Imaging and Vision is a growing area of research and an integral part of every endeavour in Robotic Surgery. To familiarise researchers with the cutting edge research of this rapidly expanding field, the Hamlyn Centre for Robotic Surgery, Imperial College London, is organising a dedicated Winter School.
The Winter School focuses on both technical and clinical aspects of Surgical Imaging and Vision, with invited lectures, workshops, and mini-projects. The School's focus is to familiarise researchers with the cutting edge research of this rapidly expanding field covering key areas of:
* Fundamentals and current state-of-the-art in surgical imaging;
* Vision algorithms for tracking, 3D scene reconstruction and surgical navigation;
* Intra-operative registration and retargeting;
* Multi-modal image fusion and real-time augmented reality systems based on inverse realism;
* Robot assisted large area microscopic imaging and mosaicing;
* Dynamic active constraints with real-time vision;
* Vision enabled surgical robot design and miniaturisation.
Participants should have a science or medical degree and typically be at a master, doctoral or postdoctoral level.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this year's School will be held as a fully virtual event from Monday 6th December to Friday 10th December 2021. Find out more and apply until 15th October 2021 here:
Dr. Stamatia Giannarou (Imperial College London, UK)
Hamlyn Winter School Chair
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist