[visionlist] Call for Unpublished Data on Human Visual Body Perception

Oswald, Flora Everest feo5020 at psu.edu
Sat Oct 2 09:34:45 -04 2021

Dear Colleagues,

We are conducting a meta-analysis on the body inversion effect, which reflects the difference in recognition between upright and inverted body stimuli. Our goal is to provide a summary of this effect, including the magnitude and moderating factors that influence the effect. We are seeking unpublished data from studies that meet the following criteria:

  1.  Neurotypical participants completed a visual body perception/recognition task that include upright and inverted conditions.
  2.  Body stimuli are human bodies (either computer generated or real images)
  3.  Outcome measures of perception/recognition were collected for both upright and inverted conditions. These may include behavioral accuracy (% correct, hit rate), electrophysiological data (e.g., N170 signal), or neuroimaging data.

If you have data that fit these criteria and you would like to share your data to be included in our synthesis, please contact Flora Oswald (feo5020 at psu.edu<mailto:feo5020 at psu.edu>) by October 18, 2021.

Thank you and best wishes,

Flora Oswald

Flora Oswald, M.S (she/her)
SSHRC Doctoral Fellow
Underrepresented Perspectives Lab<https://jmatsick.wixsite.com/uplab>, Social Vision & Interpersonal Perception Lab<https://sites.google.com/site/socialviplab/>
Departments of Psychology & Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
The Pennsylvania State University