[visionlist] Neuromatch Conference 4.0, Submission deadline Oct 25, conference Dec 1-2

Brad Wyble bwyble at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 00:07:43 -04 2021

After three conferences in 2020, Neuromatch is pleased to be holding our
fourth on December 1-2, 2021. Neuromatch 4.0 will be focused on Computational
Neuroscience and will be similar to the scope of the first two NMC events
in spring 2020.  Agendas from previous NMC editions (1.0, 2.0 and 3.0)  can
be found on the Agenda from the conference website under the gear icon.

The scope of NMC4 includes computational neuroscience and machine learning
work that has a biological link. Registration costs are set at 15USD to
cover technical costs, and if this is a difficulty, the fee can be waived
without question.

Each of our conferences has led the way in providing new innovations to the
virtual conference space, and this year we are excited to offer you:

   -

   A combination of the virtual with the in-person conference experiences.
   You are encouraged to host or attend a local meetup, bringing people
   together to enjoy the conference, without the incredible economic and
   environmental costs of flying around the world.
   -

   The maintalks will be hosted on Crowdcast. Instead of posters, we
offer flash
   talks (brief pre-recorded videos), and dedicated meet up times for
   discussion within Discord.
   -

   NMC for kids: a special session of talks for a younger audience and the
   young at heart interested in neuroscience.
   -

   We are developing new mechanisms to connect talks in the conference to
   corresponding preprints on bioRxiv, and we will provide links to preprints
   on other platforms as well.

Read more at http://conference.neuromatch.io/

Important dates:

   -

   October 7, 2021: Registration and submission opens
   -

   October 25, 2021: Abstract submission deadline
   -

   Early November: local meetups portal opens
   -

   November 1 - 2, 2021: Abstract acceptance and live talk selection news
   -

   November 12, 2021: Video submission deadline for flashtalks
   -

   December 1 - 2, 2021: NMC 4.0

Each of the two conference days will have three sessions, each of which is
3 hours long. Here are the hours for each of the sessions, as they would
occur across five time zones from around the world:

We look forward to seeing you at NMC 4.0!

All the best,

Neuromatch Conference Organizing Committee

--
Brad Wyble
Associate Professor

http://wyblelab.com