[visionlist] [Jobs] PostDoc Position in AgRobotics Lab at the University of Bonn

Christopher Steven McCool cmccool at uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 3 04:02:24 -04 2021

The Agricultural Robotics group at the University of Bonn (Germany), headed
by Prof. Dr. Chris McCool, has an open PostDoc position.

We are looking for exceptional candidates with experience in robotics,
computer vision and deep learning. Example areas of interest for our group
include: instance-based semantic segmentation, robotic-enabled intervention
(e.g. with robotic arms), active perception, spatial-temporal models and
weak learning.

The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or a
similar area. They will enjoy seeing their work deployed on robots that
operate in the field. The candidate should also have strong programming
skills (Python or C/C++) and experience with packages such as ROS and
PyTorch/TensorFlow is considered a plus.

You will have the opportunity to work within a welcoming and very
international group along with a competitive salary (see the links below) at
the TV-L E13 salary scale. The position is for 2 years and the successful
candidate will also have the opportunity to be associated with the PhenoRob
Cluster of Excellence (https://www.phenorob.de/).

Closing Date: November 30th, 2021 with a rolling deadline if necessary.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission.

Start Date: early 2022.

How to Apply: all applications should be sent to cmccool at uni-bonn.de and
should include the following:
* your CV,
* short letter of motivation of 1-2 pages (outlining your proposed topic),
* transcripts of records,
* relevant links (e.g. own website, github, Google Scholar, etc.),
* link to the PDF file of your MSc thesis, and
* name/email/phone number of two referees which we can contact.

Requirements:
* Relevant PhD degree
* Previous experience in publishing papers in internationally recognised
venues (e.g. ICRA, IROS, RA-L, etc.)
* Very good English language skills

Other Information:
OTHER INFORMATION AND LINKS