[visionlist] Postdoctoral Associate Position, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Dimitrios Pantazis pantazis at mit.edu
Mon Nov 8 16:27:50 -04 2021

POSTDOCTORAL ASSOCIATE, McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, to join the MIT Magnetoencephalography (MEG) Lab and conduct research on human brain function. The position is for a methodologically-oriented person to develop and apply MEG/fMRI neuroimaging and machine learning techniques, and conduct experiments to resolve the computational steps of human visual processing. This is a collaborative NIH-funded project and will be conducted under the supervision of Drs. Dimitrios Pantazis (Principal Investigator, http://www.pantazislab.org), and Nancy Kanwisher (Co-Investigator; https://web.mit.edu/bcs/nklab).

Candidates who seek a long-term academic career will have tremendous opportunities to grow. MIT is a top-ranked research institute in the United States. We work collaboratively with a team of engineers, neuroscientists, and computer scientists to solve important brain science problems. We have state-of-the-art neuroimaging and computing facilities, and we understand key problems in science. The postdoc will have access to a large number of seminars and courses, and interact with leading researchers in the vibrant community of MIT and more broadly of Boston.

Questions regarding the project or application process may be directed to Dr. Dimitrios Pantazis at pantazis at mit.edu.

REQUIRED: (1) PhD in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Computational Statistics or a related discipline; (2) Background and experience in neuroimaging with a strong computational component (MEG/EEG are highly desired, and fMRI is a plus) (3) Proficiency in Python and/or Matlab.

TO APPLY: https://hr.mit.edu/careers

Dimitrios Pantazis, PhD
Principal Research Scientist, Director of MEG Lab, McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT
77 Massachusetts Avenue, 46-5147
Cambridge, MA 02139

T: 617.324.6292
Email: pantazis at mit.edu<mailto:pantazis at mit.edu>