[visionlist] Applications open for the PhD program in Vision Science at UC Berkeley

Rowland Taylor wrtaylor at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 30 01:23:38 -04 2021

The Vision Science PhD Program at the University of California, Berkeley is
currently accepting applications for admission in Fall 2022. *The
application deadline is January 3, 2022*.
Application details can be found here
<https://vision.berkeley.edu/admissions/how-to-apply> (
https://vision.berkeley.edu/admissions/how-to-apply).

A key strength of the program is its breadth of research interests in
basic, translational, and clinical vision science. Our faculty are
affiliated with the School of Optometry, Department of Psychology,
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Helen Wills Neuroscience
Institute, School of Information, Electrical Engineering and Computer
Science, School of Chemistry, and the International Computer Science
Institute. Potential PhD research projects could encompass machine vision,
computational neuroscience, advanced optics and imaging techniques,
psychophysics, and visual neuroscience. Faculty also work at the interface
between basic science and clinical applications, investigating disease
processes (myopia, glaucoma, corneal infection, retinal degeneration), and
vision restoration.

If you are interested in learning more about our program or have questions
about the application process please feel free to schedule an appointment
<https://calendly.com/ucboptpdonahue/admissions-advising?month=2021-11> with
Patrik Donahue, our Assistant Director of Admissions, or reach out to us
via email at vision at berkeley.edu.
W. Rowland Taylor, Ph.D.
Chair, Vision Science Graduate Program
Herbert Wertheim School of Optometry and Vision Science,
University of California, Berkeley
wrtaylor at berkeley.edu
Office: (510) 643-8459