[visionlist] Color Management Software Career

Katherine Navarro k_navarro at apple.com
Thu Dec 2 14:51:51 -04 2021

The Display and Color Technologies organization at Apple is looking for Color Management Software Engineers. Our team is at the core of designing and implementing solutions for rendering visual media and enhancing visual experience. Examples of technologies that we’ve developed include High Dynamic Range Video and Images, Media Composition, and Pro Color features such as Display Presets.

In this role, you will be be responsible for developing software that renders visual media and performs display color management, which will include working with GPU, Pro Color Tools, Media Formats, and Display Hardware teams.

We’re looking for candidates with strong engineering and mathematical intuition who are excited to solve new problems, working with a team from product conception to building production quality software. Other qualifications include:
- Software development skills in C, C++ or equivalent languages

- Software debugging and optimization skills

- Comfort with describing problems using mathematics

- Experience with visual media technologies such as high dynamic range and wide color

- Experience with building algorithms, prototypes, and constructing visually compelling demos

Here are a couple of links for more info:

WWDC 2021 Talk: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10161/ <https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2021/10161/>
Core Animation Metal Layer: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/quartzcore/cametallayer <https://developer.apple.com/documentation/quartzcore/cametallayer>
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact: Katherine Navarro at k_navarro at apple.com <mailto:k_navarro at apple.com>.