[visionlist] Awesome PhD Oppotunity: VR and Haptics and Nuclear Fusion

Peter Scarfe p.scarfe at reading.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 08:15:56 -04 2021

Dear colleagues,

I would greatly appreciate it if you were able to circulate the advert link below to any relevant mailing lists in your departments.

https://senss-dtp.ac.uk/senss-collaborative-studentship-project-8

It is a fantastic PhD opportunity in my lab (https://www.peterscarfe.com) in the area of VR and Haptic Robotics. The project is joint funded by SeNSS (https://senss-dtp.ac.uk) and EUROfusion (https://www.euro-fusion.org) and will involve close partnership with RACE (https://race.ukaea.uk), a world-leading robotics centre, attached to the Joint European Torus (https://ccfe.ukaea.uk/research/joint-european-torus/).

It would be a unique opportunity for a technologically minded student to get an insight into research straddling the boundary between Perceptual Psychology and Engineering.

International applicants most welcome.

Please do hesitate to put anyone interested in contact with me.

Thanks

Pete

Dr. Peter Scarfe

Associate Professor in Psychology

Vision and Haptics Lab
School of Psychology & Clinical Language Sciences
University of Reading
Reading
RG6 6AL

Room: 1S18