[visionlist] AWARE-AI NRT and REU Site at RIT - now accepting applications for 2022

Reynold Bailey rjb at cs.rit.edu
Thu Dec 9 16:11:54 -04 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Please share the following information with students.

Warm regards,

Cecilia and Reynold

Hello,

We would like to inform you about two programs at Rochester Institute of
Technology (RIT):

*1. The AWARE-AI NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) Program*

Do you have a strong interest in Artificial Intelligence and how it impacts
and interfaces with humans? We invite applications to the AWARE-AI NSF
Research Traineeship Program at RIT by March 1, 2022, 11:59pm EST. Please
register for our virtual open house information session on Jan. 27 at 4:00
pm EST:

https://rit.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NknwCBDAQayEuTjoaAcdPg

AWARE-AI Trainees experience convergent, cross-disciplinary AI research
with accomplished faculty focused on software, hardware, human-computer
interaction, or cognitive models, in addition to carefully curated
career-advancing activities that directly address skill gaps in graduate AI
curricula. The program is accepting applications from students in
associated RIT Ph.D. and MS on-campus programs in Rochester, NY.

See information on eligibility, benefits, and how to apply for AWARE-AI
Traineeships at: https://www.rit.edu/nrtai/benefits-and-applying

We especially encourage women, deaf or hard-of-hearing, and African
American, Latino/a American, or Native American students to apply to
AWARE-AI.

*2. The REU Site in Computational Sensing for Human-centered AI*

The Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Site at RIT is inviting
applications for summer 2022. In our program, undergraduate students will
experience research and other career-enhancing activities in an
interdisciplinary environment with special focus on Computational Sensing
for Human-centered AI.

The REU students will receive a stipend of up to $6000, up to $600 for
travel, and up to $1200 for meals. They will also stay free on campus.

Application deadline: February 15, 2022, 11:59 P.M. EDT.

Program duration: 10 weeks (May 31, 2022 -- August 5, 2022).

For more information, please visit http://www.cs.rit.edu/~reu/

--

Reynold Bailey, Ph.D.
Professor and Associate Undergraduate Program Coordinator

https://cs.rit.edu/~rjb/
W: 585-475-6181
rjb at cs.rit.edu
[image: RIT | Rochester Institute of Technology] <https://www.rit.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any
attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or
their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message
or its attachments is strictly prohibited.