[visionlist] [jobs] PhD opportunities & 8 permanent positions in Southampton

Christoph Witzel cwitzel at daad-alumni.de
Thu Dec 23 05:36:47 -04 2021

Hi everybody,

*PhD opportunities:*

We would like to invite competitive and highly motivated master or
3rd-year students to consider one of our competitive PhD and PhD+Master
opportunities in perception and cognition at the School of Psychology of
the University of Southampton. There are several opportunities funded by
doctoral training programs of the BBSRC (biological science) and ESRC
(social sciences), with deadlines in January (10th and 24th), and by the
university and the school with deadlines in February. /For PhD projects
on colour perception and cognition, see here.
<https://www.efolio.soton.ac.uk/blog/cw2v19/phd-opportunities/>/ Feel
free to contact me about further information.

*Permanent Positions:*

As part of its strategic development, the School of Psychology offers 8
permanent positions at different levels and open to any psychological
subdiscipline. We encourage you to apply as this is a great opportunity
to contribute our /Centre of Perception and Cognition
<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/psychology/research/centres/centre-for-perception-and-cognition.page>/.
I paste the advertisement with links to details below this emails.

Wishing you a Happy Holiday and all the best for the New Year!

Christoph

***************** INFORMATION ON PERMANENT POSITIONS *****************

*Lectureships in Psychology (Assistant Professor) - Level 5 (Reference:
1636621JW)*

*&*

*Associate Professorships in Psychology - Level 6 (Reference: 1636321JW)*

*School of Psychology, Faculty of Environmental & Life Sciences,
University of Southampton *

Location: *Highfield Campus*
Salary:Level 5: £39,739 to £50,296

Level 6: £51,799 to £65,107

*Part Time/Full Time, Permanent*

*Closing Date:   31^st January 2022*
Interview Date: February 2022 – dates to be confirmed

The School of Psychology at the University of Southampton is making
strategic academic appointments (≈8 full-time equivalent) to grow our
research and research-led undergraduate and postgraduate education.

We welcome applications from individuals who wish to innovate teaching
and produce the highest quality research in areas that complement and
extend our expertise in social and personality psychology, child and
adolescent development and developmental psychopathology, cognitive
psychology, and mental health, physical health and wellbeing.

You will hold a doctorate in psychology or related discipline, be able
to evidence excellence in teaching and research commensurate with your
level, and share our ambition to deliver the highest quality research,
education and training in psychological science in a research-intensive
school.

The School of Psychology at Southampton is recognised for producing
world-leading, high-impact research, supported by excellent research
facilities (REF2014). These include purpose-built laboratories for
neuropsychological/cognitive testing, social interaction and behavioural
observation, therapeutic intervention and psychopharmacology,
child/family studies, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI),
electroencephalography (EEG), neurostimulation (TMS/tDCS),
psychophysiology, pain research including quantitative sensory testing
(QST), eye-tracking, virtual reality and multi-sensory processing.
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/psychology/research/index.page
<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/psychology/research/index.page>

We enjoy long-standing collaborations with University research groups in
Medicine (Psychiatry, Primary Care, Public Health), Biological Sciences
(Neuroscience), Health Sciences, Education, Social Sciences, Engineering
and Computer Science. The Institute for Life Sciences supports further
cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our strategic partnerships with
schools, NHS Trusts,Government, charities and industry deliver world
leading impact (REF2014) and attract significant grant income from all
major research funders.

Our School is one of the largest providers of postgraduate research and
clinical training in the UK, offering a range of MSc programmes
(Clinical, Health, Research Methods), research doctorates (PhD),
Doctoral Programmes in Clinical Psychology (DClin) and Educational
Psychology (DEdPsy), and training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).

Psychology is an ambitious and successful School, ranked in the Global
Top 100 (QS, 2021), as well as a friendly and positive place to work.
You will join a highly collegiate and professional team who are keen to
share expertise, provide mentorship, and support professional
development. The School values diversity and equality. We welcome
applications from all candidates with an interest in the role, and those
who are committed to helping us create an inclusive work environment. We
encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority
Ethnic communities, people who identify as LGBTQ+ and people with
disabilities. We recognise that employees may wish to have working
patterns that fit with their caring responsibilities or work-life
balance, including part-time working. Due consideration will be given to
applicants who have had career breaks for reasons including maternity,
paternity or adoption leave, disability or illness. The School of
Psychology holds an Athena SWAN Bronze Award demonstrating our
commitment to equal opportunities and gender balance in the workplace.
The University of Southampton holds an Athena SWAN Silver Award.

For further details about the posts, you are invited to contact
Professor Matt Garner (Head of Psychology:m.j.garner at soton.ac.uk
<mailto:m.j.garner at soton.ac.uk>_)_.

*_Application procedure:_*

You should submit your completed online application form and CV at
www.jobs.soton.ac.uk <https://www.jobs.soton.ac.uk/>.

L5 Lecturer (Assistant Professor) – link here
<https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=1636621JW>

L6 Associate Professor – link here
<https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=1636321JW>

The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated
above. If you need any assistance, please call Hannah Nash (HR
Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043 or email recruitment at soton.ac.uk