[visionlist] Postdoctoral position at The Alan Turing Institute, applied Computer Vision/Machine Learning

Alan Lowe alowe at turing.ac.uk
Tue Jan 4 09:02:53 -04 2022

Hi Everyone,

We have an exciting new postdoctoral position available as part of a collaboration between The Alan Turing Institute<https://www.turing.ac.uk/> and the Rosalind Franklin Institute<https://www.rfi.ac.uk/>. This is an amazing opportunity to develop computer vision and machine learning methods for large-scale cryo-EM/ET image data.  More details below.

DEADLINE: 23rd January 2022

APPLY HERE:
https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/turing/jobs/research_associate_molecular_biology_18891/en/

Happy New Year!
Alan

--

Alan R. Lowe, Ph.D.
Associate Professor | LCN, ISMB & IPLS | UCL

--

The Alan Turing Institute (‘the Turing’) is looking to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate (PDRA) to develop new methods to identify, extract and refine molecular structures from cryo-electron microscopy image data. The candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team at the Turing and in close collaboration with groups at the Rosalind Franklin Institute (‘the Franklin’).

The RA will work as part of a team to develop computer vision and machine learning approaches to enable the intelligent sampling of cryo-electron microscopy image data. These approaches may be informed by prior knowledge and/or physical models of molecular structure, with the aim of determining molecular structures with enhanced resolution, and detail regarding dynamic states. Applications are welcome from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds, including the biological and physical sciences, computer science, statistics, or mathematics, and particularly from candidates whose prior research has a strong computational focus.

The Alan Turing Institute is a limited liability company, registered in England with registered number 09512457 with registered offices at British Library, 96 Euston Road, London, England, NW1 2DB. We are also a charity registered in England with charity number 1162533. DISCLAIMER: Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the completeness and accuracy of this e-mail, transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or be incomplete. If you receive a suspicious or unexpected email from us, or purporting to have been sent on our behalf, particularly containing different bank details, please do not reply to the email, click on any links, open any attachments, or comply with any instructions contained within it. Our Transparency Notice found here - https://www.turing.ac.uk/transparency-notice sets out how and why we collect, store, use and share your personal data and it explains your rights and how to raise concerns with us.