[visionlist] Postdoctoral Fellowship in Deep Learning for Video Quality Assessment
Seyed Ali Amirshahi
s.ali.amirshahi at ntnu.no
Thu Jan 6 03:49:14 -04 2022
A 45 months Postdoctoral position is available at the Department of Computer Science in Gjøvik. The position will focus on detecting and classification of distortions and enhancements affecting the video quality. The postdoctoral fellowship position is a temporary position where the main goal is to qualify for work in senior academic positions.
The Postdoctoral position is part of the research project "VQ4MedicS: Video Quality Assessment and Enhancement for Pre-Hospital Medical Services". The project aims to evaluate the quality of the video streamed by paramedics and patients to doctors at the hospital, so they can diagnose and provide instructions remotely.
The Postdoctoral position will focus on developing methods and techniques for characterising possible visual distortions and enhancements affecting the quality of the video stream. This information could then be used in proposing new video enhancement and video quality metrics.
Required selection criteria
* You must have completed a Norwegian doctoral degree or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD
* A professionally relevant background in machine learning, video quality, color imaging, computer vision or similar
* Background or experience in deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch)
* Good programming skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and an ability to communicate effectively
Preferred selection criteria
* Knowledge of the human visual system
* Familiarity with subjective or objective video quality assessment
* Experience in working in an interdisciplinary project
The application must include:
* A cover letter where the applicant describes his/her personal motivation and relevance with respect to the requirements of the advertisement.
* A research proposal (maximum three pages) which could link your research experience to the focus of the project (detecting and classification of distortions and enhancements).
* CV, certificates and diplomas.
* Transcripts and diplomas for bachelor's-, master's- and PhD degrees.
* Academic works - published or unpublished - that you would like to be considered in the assessment (up to 3 items).
* Name and contact information of three referees.
For a detailed description on the position and application process please visit: https://s.ntnu.no/PostDOC_CNN_VQM
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist