[visionlist] 2 Postdoc positions in 3D scene understanding from multi-modal data - (2200000J)
Pavis at iit.it
Mon Jan 24 07:24:07 -04 2022
2 Postdoc positions in 3D scene understanding from multi-modal data - (2200000J)
Commitment & contract: up to 2 years, collaboration contract
Location: Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Genoa, Via Enrico Melen 83, Italy
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centres around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You’d be working in the multicultural and multidisciplinary PAVIS group, where a team of 30 international Researchers, Postdocs, Ph.D. and Engineers enjoy working in cutting-edge Computer Vision and Machine Learning research. PAVIS infrastructure comprises a multi-modal sensor network (RGB, depth, event-based, thermal, lidar cameras) used for deploying AI systems for scene understanding and behavioural analysis and the availability of an HPC with more than 62 GPU nodes to run large scale training and deployment of ML models.
The PAVIS Research Line is coordinated by Dr. Alessio Del Bue. The research focuses on developing novel Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems to understand our 3D physical space and the human behaviours within it. The aim is to create assistive AI systems that can automatically react and support humans in their daily life by analysing and forecasting activities and their interaction with the environment. We work towards this goal by developing new Computer Vision and Machine (Deep) Learning methodologies that can be readily deployed in realistic applications.
The specific research topics of interest for this call are:
- Object 3D localization from multi-modal sensors
- Semantic Structure from Motion and SLAM
- 2D/3D scene understanding using Graph Neural Networks
- Deep learning models subject to multi-view geometry constraints
- Retrieval and Knowledge-based Computer Vision in large-scale 3D maps
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop new methods for 3D scene understanding from multi-modal data (images, audio, and text) to solve practical problems in Computer Vision
- Publish in top-tier Computer Vision and Machine Learning conferences and journals
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU SHINE
- A PhD in Computer vision, including Machine Learning, Robotics, or similar disciplines
- Documented experience on 3D vision, scene understanding and related fields
- A strong publication record
- Excellent programming skills in Python and/or C/C++
- The ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Experience in collaborative software development. Good knowledge of tools like GIT
- Experience in Linux operating system and familiarity with deep learning libraries and dependencies (CUDA, Pytorch, Pytorch3D, Tensorflow, Tensorflow3D)
- Experience on DNN and Graph Neural Networks
- Experience in deploying DNN models on HPC platforms
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem-solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
If you are a start upper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form at https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=it&job=2200000J and including a detailed CV, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 referees.
Application’s deadline: February 17th 2022
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 - email: dpo at iit.it - kindly note that this e-mail address is exclusively reserved for handling data protection issues. Please, do not use this e-mail address to send any document and/or request of information about this opening).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist