[visionlist] Vacancy for a Neuroscience Data Analyst
a.pooresmaeili at eni-g.de
Wed Jan 26 09:57:50 -05 2022
We are looking for a data analyst with experience and interest in systems neuroscience to join us at the European Neuroscience Institute-Goettingen, Germany (https://www.eni.gwdg.de/). Please pass on the advert below to those who may be interested. Thank you!
------------------------------- Position Description --------------------------
Position: Neuroscience data analyst
Deadline: 28 February 2022
Employment Start Date: 1 May 2022
Contract Length: Initially limited until 31.12.2024 with extension options.
Institution: European Neuroscience Institute
The European Neuroscience Institute is looking to fill the position of a data analyst (full time). We are looking for a data analyst with interest and experience in systems neuroscience. Research at the European Neuroscience Institute ranges from molecular biology to human psychophysics and involves a range of model organisms (from drosophila to non-human primates), as well as techniques and approaches (electrophysiology, two-photon imaging, fMRI, EEG, behavior). The data analyst is expected to work closely with all of the research groups at the European Neuroscience Institute, supporting research efforts, e.g. through modelling and statistical analyses of high-dimensional data, image processing, and programming/development of experiments including the opportunity to develop and publish, e.g. analytical tools that arise from this work.
* The applicant should possess a university degree (minimum M. Sc. or equivalent) in a relevant field, e.g., statistics, biostatistics, informatics, or similar. Prior experience in the field of systems neuroscience is highly desired.
* The applicant should have experience in a research setting utilizing quantitative methods and statistics. The applicant should also demonstrate strong analytical skills. Knowledge of novel and emerging analysis techniques is highly desirable. Future/forward thinking in the area of big data analytics/informatics and applying them to contribute to the research groups’ scientific process is expected.
* The applicant should be skilled in the analysis of multivariate datasets to reveal patterns and build models; conduct exploratory data analysis, and communicate with team lead/team members; identify improvements for existing data management and recommend requirements for new systems.
* In addition, contribute to replicability by making suggestions for existing data management and recommend requirements for new systems and identify potential data integrity issues. We are committed to open data/open science and appreciate interest and expertise in this area.
* Utilize programming languages such as Python, Matlab and/or C++.
* A good command of English is mandatory.
The University Medical Center Göttingen takes flexible account of the individual design of working hours at the workplace. It is interested in implementing the wishes of its employees as far as possible. If you are interested in this job and have specific questions about working hours, please contact us.
Women are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
Please send your application (CV, letter of motivation) via e-mail as a single PDF-file to j.clemens at eni-g.de
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist