[visionlist] OPAM Call for Organizers

OPAM Conference opam.info at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:00:38 -04 2022

Dear OPAMers,

We would like to extend a special thanks to Blaire Dube and Andrew Clement
for their service to the OPAM community. Their leadership, diligence, and
enthusiasm were essential to the success of OPAM 29. It was such a pleasure
to work with them as a team.

With Blaire and Andrew leaving the OPAM team, we are seeking two new OPAM
organizers for two-year terms starting in 2022. Selection of organizers
will be based on candidates’ experience and nomination letter, which should
be sent to opam.info at gmail.com by February 28th, 2022. Please include a
link to the candidate's website and CV in the nominations. Interested
candidates are encouraged to ask for one nomination from a researcher who
knows them well. If that person is not also the candidate's 2022
supervisor, we also require a short letter of approval from the 2022
supervisor.

Criteria for the selection of OPAM organizers include the breadth and depth
of research experience and expertise in visual cognition (e.g., familiarity
with a broad range of object-processing literature), as well as
organizational and interpersonal skills. Preference is given to
early-career researchers without faculty positions at the time of
appointment, particularly postdoctoral researchers.

Excitement for graduate and postdoctoral research is required!

Thanks again to everyone who made OPAM 2021 such a success. Special thanks
to our sponsors, who keep OPAM free! Stay tuned for exciting announcements
about OPAM 2022 in the coming months.

Sincerely,

The 2021 OPAM organizers

Doug Addleman, Xiaoli Zhang, Blaire Dube, & Andrew Clement

*OPAM 2021 Sponsors*

Visual Cognition - http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/pvis20/current

The Psychonomic Society - www.psychonomic.org

SR Research - http://www.sr-research.com

VPixx Technologies - http://vpixx.com/

Scene Grammar Lab, Goethe University Frankfurt -
https://www.scenegrammarlab.com/

Cognitive Science Program, University of Arizona -
https://science.arizona.edu/cogsci

National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health -
https://www.nih.gov/about-nih/what-we-do/nih-almanac/national-cancer-institute-nci

Visual Cognition Research Group, University of California Davis -
http://visualcognition.ucdavis.edu/

Cognitive Neuroscience Program, George Washington University -
https://psychology.columbian.gwu.edu/

Carlisle Attention and Memory Lab, Lehigh University -
https://sites.google.com/lehigh.edu/carlislelab/home?authuser=0

Queen’s Visual Cognition Lab, Queen’s University - https://qvcl.ca/

Vision: Science to Applications, York University -
https://vista.info.yorku.ca/