[visionlist] lab manager / research assistant position available in OSU Vision and Cognitive Neuroscience Lab

Golomb, Julie D. golomb.9 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:05:18 -04 2022

A full-time research assistant / lab manager position will be available starting Summer 2022 in Dr. Julie Golomb's Vision & Cognitive Neuroscience Lab (https://u.osu.edu/golomblab/) at The Ohio State University. Research topics in the lab include neural representations of perception, attention, and working memory; visual stability across eye movements; and object feature-binding. We use a variety of methodologies in the lab, including neuroimaging (fMRI and EEG), human psychophysics, eye-tracking, and computational analyses.

Responsibilities will include assisting with all aspects of research (designing/programming experiments; recruiting/running participants; analyzing behavioral, fMRI, and EEG data; coauthoring manuscripts and presentations), as well as supervising undergraduate students in the lab and overseeing day-to-day lab operations.
This is an ideal position for someone for someone who would like to obtain additional research experience in cognitive neuroscience before applying to graduate school. The lab is committed to providing a rigorous, supportive, and inclusive training environment. OSU houses a vibrant research community and a state-of-the-art neuroimaging facility located within the Psychology building.
Qualifications: BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or other related field. Prior research experience and/or experience with one or more computer programming languages (preferably Matlab or Python) is highly desirable. Strong organizational and communication skills are also essential. The position requires a commitment of two years.

Interested applicants should email a CV, names of references, and a brief statement of interest to Julie Golomb: golomb.9 at osu.edu<mailto:golomb.9 at osu.edu>.

---
Julie Golomb, PhD
Associate Professor of Psychology
Cognitive Neuroscience Graduate Program Head
The Ohio State University
https://u.osu.edu/golomblab/

We at the Golomb Lab work to create an intellectually stimulating, collaborative, and supportive space in which all individuals are valued and given the best chance to succeed – regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. We celebrate the diversity of our members and of our community.