[visionlist] Post-doctoral position (neuroimaging / object recognition / visuomotor control) York University, Toronto

Erez Freud erezfreud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:53:26 -04 2022

*Post-doctoral position - Freud lab- York University, Toronto *

I am looking for a post-doctoral researcher to join our team (Freud lab
<https://www.yorku.ca/health/lab/freud/>) at York University in Toronto, to
study the neural basis of visual processes that support our ability to
recognize and interact with objects. The project will involve creative
psychophysical & neuroimaging experimentation and the exciting opportunity
to collaborate with other members of the centre for Vision Research (Laurie
Wilcox)
Ideally, the right person has some experience with neuroimaging techniques
(MRI / fMRI / EEG) and is familiar with psychophysical methods and
programming (e.g., Python/MATLAB). However, some combination of these
together with being a quick, enthusiastic learner will go a long way!

Interested applicants should contact Dr. Erez Freud (efreud at yorku.ca) and
provide the following:

1.         A cover letter describing your current research and interest in
our lab.

2.         Curriculum Vitae

3.         Names and contact information of 2 reference

The salary for this position is competitive and the starting date is
flexible but expected to be before November 2022.  The position is for one
year, with the expectation of renewal.  Applications are reviewed on
an ongoing basis.  I am also happy to chat with interested applicants on
either the CNS or VSS conferences.

*Additional Details*

The Freud Lab is part of the York Centre for Vision Research (CVR
<https://www.yorku.ca/cvr/>). The CVR is an international leader in visual
and computer science. Work at the CVR is highly interdisciplinary and
collaborative, rooted in a fundamental research programme that merges
techniques in human psychophysics, visual neuroscience and computational
theory.

The position is not contingent on additional funding, but we will submit
an application to our VISTA grant program.  VISTA (Vision: Science to
Applications) is a collaborative program funded by the Canada First
Research Excellence Fund, and it builds on York’s world-leading
interdisciplinary expertise in biological science and computer
vision.  Post-doctoral awards through this opportunity are generous and
there are many benefits, such as travel awards, to being part of this
program.

Erez Freud, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor |
Core Member, Vision: Science to Applications (VISTA) Program
York Centre for Vision Research,
Department of Psychology
York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3
Telephone: (416)736-2100 Ext: 33451
Office: Sherman Health Science Research Centre, room 1008
https://www.yorku.ca/health/lab/freud/
Email: efreud at yorku.ca

----'“Judge people by their questions rather than by their answers.”
(Voltaire)