[visionlist] PhD scholarship: Machine Learning in Computer Vision (Airport X-Ray Baggage Inspection)
gobert.lee at flinders.edu.au
Thu Apr 21 09:09:54 -04 2022
PhD scholarship: Machine Learning in Computer Vision (Airport X-Ray Baggage Inspection)
A full-time PhD scholarship is available in the College of Science and Engineering, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia for students pursuing a PhD study. The project will develop machine learning and deep learning approaches in processing, segmenting, identifying, and analyzing 2D and 3D x-ray images for baggage inspection in airport. The scholarship includes an industry internship of at least 60 full-time equivalent days.
Candidates with a related background in Computer vision, Image processing and image analysis, Computer Science, ICT and Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics are invited to apply. Demonstrated working knowledge of Computer Vision and Machine Learning in images is essential. Good programming skills in python or Matlab is also essential. Previous research experience with CT images is beneficial. Ideally, the successful candidate should have journal publications and/or conference presentation experience.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Dr Gobert Lee https://www.flinders.edu.au/people/gobert.lee and Dr Mariusz Bajger and will collaborate with academic and industrial collaborators. We are looking for a highly self-motivated student. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as a member of a team. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills towards staff, students, and collaborators.
The scholarship will be awarded for 3 years and includes:
* A stipend valued at $28,854 per annum (indexed annually)
* Possibility of a 6 month extension
* 3 months Industry internship
* Australian and International students are eligible
* The successful candidate must meet Flinders University PhD admission requirements<https://students.flinders.edu.au/my-course/course-rules/postgrad/phd_rule_2019>
* Be available to commence as a full-time PhD student at Flinders University before June, 2022 (subject to negotiation)
Please send expression of interest (EOI) to Dr Gobert Lee gobert.lee at flinders.edu.au<mailto:gobert.lee at flinders.edu.au>. EOI will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to submit a full application. This opportunity may close earlier if the position is filled. The successful candidate will ideally begin before June 2022 (subject to negotiation).
To submit an EOI, please state "EOI PhD Scholarship" in the subject of the email and please include:
1. a cover letter outlining your research interests, your motivation for pursing a PhD, and your suitability for this project;
2. a curriculum vitae (including education, English Language work/research experience and publications);
3. academic transcripts; and
4. contact details of two academic/industry referees.
Gobert Lee, PhD
Lecturer in Data Science
College of Science and Engineering
Flinders University (Tonsley Campus)
1284 South Road,
Clovelly Park, SA 5042
E: gobert.lee at flinders.edu.au<mailto:gobert.lee at flinders.edu.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist