[visionlist] CaPTion workshop at MICCAI 2022 - Submission deadline 25th June

sharib ali ali.sharib2002 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:27:39 -04 2022

Dear all,

We are happy to announce our 1st workshop on "*Cancer Prevention through
early detecTion" (CaPTion @ MICCAI2022)*, which is going to take place as a
satellite workshop at #MICCAI2022 in Singapore.

*Workshop subthemes:*
1*. Early detection and diagnosis of cancer:* learning algorithms for
lesion detection in medical images, staging, risk assessment, prediction of
cancer outcome (in terms of life expectancy, survivability, progression,
treatment sensitivity)
*2. Image-guided therapy for cancer treatment: *Image fusion, multi-modal
registration, detection, segmentation, and tracking, computer-guided
interventions, augmented reality for tumour delineation
*3. Real-world data exploration for cancer prediction:* Big (imaging) data
and analytics, active learning, semi and self-supervised learning,
model-agnostic meta-learning, federated learning for (sparsely labelled)
multi-centre data.
*4. Cancer biomarkers:* new predictive (visual) biomarker discovery in
medical images, tumour data signatures, personalized cancer treatments,
genomics and radiomics.
Clinically accepted evaluation methods: Identifying new evaluation metrics
or gold standards (e.g., compared to widely used Dice or IoU metrics),
sample size standardization, best practices for validation, image
simulation and synthesis techniques to train more robust deep learning
models for cancer detection.

We are honored to have three distinguished invited speakers in our workshop
who are working alongside computational methods for cancer detection,
diagnosis, and treatment:
• Prof. Fergus Gleeson, University of Oxford
• Prof. Kristy K. Brock, University of Texas
• Dr. Michael Byrne, University of British Columbia

*Important dates:*
• 25 June 2022 Paper submission deadline
• 16 July 2022 Notification of paper decisions
• 30 July 2022 Camera-ready paper version
• 22 Sept 2022 Workshop event

Please visit our website for further details:
https://caption-workshop.github.io/
Cancer Prevention through early detecTion (CaPTion) Workshop @ MICCAI 2022
<https://caption-workshop.github.io/>
caption-workshop.github.io
MICCAI 2022 workshop, 18th September 2022

and follow us on twitter:
https://twitter.com/CaptionWorkshop

*Organizing team:*
Dr Sharib Ali (Uni. Of Oxford), Asst. Prof. Fons van der Sommen (TU/e,
Eindoven), Asst. Prof. Maureen van Eijnatten (TU/e, Eindoven), Dr Bartek Papiez
(Uni. Of Oxford), Dr Yueming Jin (Uni. College London) and Iris
Kolenbrander (TU/e, Eindoven)