[visionlist] Special Issue: Interactive Perceptual Imaging
p.macneilage at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:33:36 -04 2022
This special issue of the Journal of Perceptual Imaging focuses on
interactive perceptual imaging, in which the presentation of sensory
information is contingent on user action. These techniques are fundamental
to many imaging systems, including Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality.
Any research using interactive paradigms to investigate perception during
action is relevant to this special issue. Candidate topics include:
• Rendering of visual or auditory stimuli contingent on head movements.
• Rendering of visual stimuli contingent on eye movements.
• Rendering of haptic/tactile stimuli contingent on finger and hand
movements and gestures.
• Research on tracking methods that enable user interaction, including the
tracking of head, eye, hand, or body movement.
• Research on wearable display systems for active users.
• Research on latency between the detection of user movement and display of
the contingent stimulus.
• Research on motor control and adaptation mechanisms that predict the
sensory consequences of motor actions and evaluate how predictions deviate
from rendered stimuli.
Publication: April/May 2023
Opportunity to present: Papers published in this special issue are eligible
for presentation at the 2023 Conference on Human Vision and Electronic
Imaging (HVEI), and will receive a 50% discount on Conference registration
Submission and Review
Submission details are found via JPI Author Guidelines. Prospective authors
can submit complete manuscripts electronically via https://jpi.msubmit.net/
by October 15, 2022. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed and
selected based on their originality, significance, relevance, and clarity
Please reach out with any questions!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist