[visionlist] AIDA Short Course: "Artificial Intelligence for video streaming platforms", 16-17/06/2022
ioannakoroni at csd.auth.gr
Wed Jun 1 04:20:17 -04 2022
Politehnica University of Bucharest organizes an online AIDA short course on “Artificial Intelligence for Video Streaming Platforms” offered through the International Artificial Intelligence Doctoral Academy (AIDA). The purpose of this course is to overview the foundations and the current state of the art in various systems developed for on-line video streaming platforms, namely:
1. DEEP-AD: A Multimodal Temporal Video Segmentation Framework for Online Video Advertising:
- Shot boundary detection
- Automatic video abstraction
- Multimodal scene segmentation using: low/high level visual descriptors, audio patterns and semantic description
- Thumbnail selection from video scenes
- Ads insertion based on semantic criterion
2. Automatic subtitle synchronization and positioning:
- Text pre-processing and automatic speech recognition
- Anchor word identification and token matching
- Phrases alignment
- Subtitle/Close Caption positioning
3. DEEP-HEAR: A Multimodal Subtitle Positioning System Dedicated to Deaf and Hearing-Impaired People:
- Face detection, tracking and recognition
- Video temporal segmentation into stories
- Active speaker detection
- Subtitle positioning
LECTURER: - Prof. Ruxandra Țapu, email: ruxandra_tapu at comm.pub.ro <mailto:ruxandra_tapu at comm.pub.ro>
HOST INSTITUTION/ORGANIZER: Politehnica University of Bucharest
REGISTRATION: Free of charge
WHEN: 16-17 June 2022 from 11:00 to 13:00 CET (4 hours)
WHERE: Online (Microsoft Teams link will be provided)
HOW TO REGISTER and ENROLL:
Both AIDA and non-AIDA students are encouraged to participate in this short course.
If you are an AIDA Student* already, please:
Step (a): Register in the course, please send fill the Registration form <https://forms.gle/wRFAn4yHAy8LzgXc7> .
Step (b): Enroll in the same course in the AIDA system using “Enroll on this Course <https://www.i-aida.org/course/artificial-intelligence-for-video-streaming-platforms-2/> ”, so that this course enters your AIDA Certificate of Course Attendance.
If you are not an AIDA Student, do only step (a).
*AIDA Students should have been registered in the AIDA system already (they are PhD students or PostDocs that belong only to the AIDA Members listed in this page: https://www.i-aida.org/about/members/)
Prof. Ruxandra Țapu,
Email ruxandra_tapu at comm.pub.ro <mailto:ruxandra_tapu at comm.pub.ro>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist