[visionlist] Congratulations Andrew Stockman, the 2022 Boynton Lecturer

Ravi Jonnal rjonnal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 19:40:24 -04 2022

The Optica Fall Vision Meeting Planning Committee is pleased to announce
that Andrew Stockman has been selected as the 2022 Boynton Lecturer.

Andrew's contribution to vision science has been enormous. He is best known
for his development of the most widely-used cone spectral sensitivity
functions and associated luminous efficiency function. He has made
important contributions to sensitivity regulation in cone and rod
photoreceptors, flicker sensitivity in cones, and many other basic
scientific and clinical areas. His website, http://cvrl.org, hosts publicly
available data sets, some generated in his labs and others that needed
dissemination. Whether we know it or not, most of us have interacted with a
CSV file or two that was originally downloaded from Andrew's site. Andrew
has been an active member of Optica/OSA for decades; during his tenure as
the chair of the Color and Vision Technical Division, he played a key role
in the founding of the Fall Vision Meeting.

As the organizers of a meeting that wouldn't exist without him, we're
delighted to have Andrew presenting the Boynton Lecture at this year's
meeting, and we look forward to all of you being able to celebrate his
career with us.
--
Ravi Sankar Jonnal, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology