[visionlist] Funded PhD on retinal disease

Dekker, Tessa t.dekker at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 13:11:34 -04 2022

Dear all,

see below for an excellent, fully funded PhD opportunity at University College London, UK. We are also looking for candidates with a background in cognitive neuroscience, an interest in neuroimaging of the visual system in developmental eye disease, and strong programming skills. Note the application deadline, June 19th!

Tessa Dekker
Associate Professor, Institute of Ophthalmology & Experimental Psychology, UCL.

--

Hi everyone,

I have a great PhD opportunity for someone interested in a clinical-based project undertaking a prospective detailed phenotyping study focused on the different subtypes of CRB1-related retinal disease. We have a really strong multidisciplinary team working together on this project including Mr Rob Henderson at Moorfields and GOSH, Dr Tessa Dekker at UCL, Dr Pete Jones at City, and Dr John Greenwood at UCL. We will be testing new child-friendly vision tests and undertaking functional MRI alongside the more standard retinal structure and function tests.

Trainee ophthalmologists and all allied healthcare professionals including orthoptists, optometrists, clinical scientists, vision scientists- please apply if you are interested. Here is the link: https://www.findaphd.com/phds/project/institute-of-ophthalmology-phd-studentship-funded-by-moorfields-eye-charity-and-fight-for-sight-genotype-phenotype-study-of-crb1-retinopathy/?p145119<http://www.findaphd.com/phds/project/institute-of-ophthalmology-phd-studentship-funded-by-moorfields-eye-charity-and-fight-for-sight-genotype-phenotype-study-of-crb1-retinopathy/?p145119>

Closing date is 19th June. This studentship is kindly joint funded by Moorfields Eye Charity and Fight for Sight. Please share with your networks and do get in touch if you have any questions.

Many thanks
Mariya

Professor Mariya Moosajee MBBS BSc PhD FRCOphth
Professor of Molecular Ophthalmology and Consultant Ophthalmologist
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, The Francis Crick Institute, Moorfields Eye Hospital and
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children