[visionlist] PhD openings in AI-enabled NextG systems and applications

Jacob Chakareski jacobcha at njit.edu
Mon Jun 20 08:32:03 -04 2022

Hello everyone,

PhD openings are available in the AI-enabled VR/AR Communications and
Networked Systems Lab at NJIT. BS/MS-level students with background in
electrical and computer engineering, computer science, or applied math are
encouraged to apply. The openings are broadly defined at the intersection of
mobile VR/AR systems, 5G networks, UAV-IoT systems, optical/millimeter wave
wireless networking, domain-aware fast RL and deep RL for communication
systems and applications, and 360-degree video streaming. We also explore
novel interdisciplinary applications to remote sensing, disaster relief,
environmental monitoring, and cyber-physical health care systems and
devices.

The doctoral positions are fully funded, inclusive of summer support. They
are sponsored by external federal and industry funding, and provide ample
opportunities for collaboration and career advancement. To apply, please
send promptly a CV, a description of your research interests and background,
your course transcripts, and a list of three references. Please include any
related papers. For info on our studies, you can visit:
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=56gJcDoAAAAJ&hl=en, www.jakov.org.

Thank you and best regards,
Jacob