[visionlist] Colin Blakemore 1944-2022

Roland Fleming roland.w.fleming at psychol.uni-giessen.de
Fri Jul 1 06:49:58 -04 2022

This is incredibly sad news. Colin was both a brilliant scientist and a highly charismatic communicator.  As I was friends with one of his daughters growing up, I was lucky enough to visit his house many times and he was even more charming and inspiring in person than when presenting The Mind Machine or the excellent Royal Institution Christmas Lectures.  Despite his superstar status I always found him to be extremely approachable and thoughtful. He will be sorely missed.

Prof. Roland W Fleming, FRSB
Kurt Koffka Professor of Experimental Psychology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen
Executive Director, Centre for Mind, Brain and Behaviour, Universities of Marburg and Giessen

Otto-Behaghel-Str 10, 35394 Giessen, GERMANY
tel: 0641 99-26140
http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/fleminglab <http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/fleminglab>