[visionlist] Postdoc Position in Cognitive Neuroscience at Tulane University

Ben Deen benjamin.deen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:31:16 -04 2022

The Social Memory Lab, directed by Dr. Ben Deen, is seeking a Postdoctoral
Fellow. The lab studies social perception, cognition, and memory, with the
goal of characterizing the cognitive and neural basis or our ability to
understand other people. We use behavioral and neuroimaging (fMRI) methods
in humans, with a focus on precision imaging of functional organization in
individual brains. Specific research projects within that scope are
flexible and dependent on the interests of the candidate. Fellows will have
the opportunity to conceive of and design research studies, lead and
participate in data collection and analysis, mentor graduate and
undergraduate lab members, write fellowship and grant proposals, and
present their results at scientific conferences.

*REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:*

1.    PhD in psychology, neuroscience, or a related field

*REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES*

1.    Ability to communicate effectively with lab members, university
staff, and volunteers

2.    Experience with behavioral and/or neuroimaging research with human
participants

3.    Proficiency coding in Matlab, Python, or R

*PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:*

1.    Experience with fMRI data collection and analysis

2.    Strong publication record in psychology and/or neuroscience

Interested candidates may apply online at http://apply.interfolio.com/108286
or email bdeen at tulane.edu with any questions about the position.