[visionlist] 3-year Research Associate in Visual Search (University of Manchester, UK)
johan.hulleman at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 16:05:34 -04 2022
we are readvertising this position.
Application Deadline (DD/MM/YYYY): 18/08/2022
Salary: £33,309 to £36,382 per annum depending on relevant experience
Contract Duration: From 1 October 2022 until 31 August 2025
We are inviting applications for a Research Associate position on the SBE-UKRI funded project “Looked but failed to see” errors in human vision. This project is an international collaboration between Johan Hulleman (University of Manchester, Manchester, UK) and Jeremy Wolfe (Harvard University, Boston, USA).
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a world-leading project that aims to understand the fundamental processes of visual search and the role they play in the visual search tasks of daily life.
The post-holder will have the primary responsibility for the day-to-day data collection and data analysis in the UK. They will help with the programming of experiments, the preparation of presentations and manuscripts. They will also have responsibility for the preparation of data for sharing. We are committed to capacity-building and supporting team members to further their careers, and the post-holder will be supported to further their career portfolio, including publishing first-authored papers. Because this is an international collaboration a few one-week visits to the US will be involved.
· Have, or be about to obtain, a relevant PhD (or equivalent)
· Specialist knowledge in the area of visual search
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent time management and organisational skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to present in both written and oral publications
· Ability to meet deadlines
· The ability to evaluate complex data
· Ability to assess and organise resources
· Understand equal opportunity issues as they may impact on areas of research content
For more information about this position, please contact Johan Hulleman via johan.hulleman at manchester.ac.uk<mailto:%20johan.hulleman at manchester.ac.uk>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist