[visionlist] Postdoc Position Available in Anderson Lab

Anderson, Brian A brian.anderson at tamu.edu
Fri Aug 12 15:09:23 -04 2022

Postdoc Position Available in Anderson Lab

Applications are invited for a postdoc position in the lab of Brian Anderson at Texas A&M University. The position will be supported by institutional funds held by the PI, which are currently in place for as many as five consecutive years of full support, offering significant financial stability. In addition to other significant institutional funds, as a lab we are supported by an active R01, R21, and NSF grant. The new hire would join a core team that includes two other postdocs, three PhD students, one masters student, one postbac, and a lab manager.
Competitive applicants will have an established publication record and strong programming skills. Given that the position is supported through institutional funds, the research to be conducted in association with this position is open and constrained only by mutual interest. My lab plans to soon purchase an EEG system to begin pursuing novel research linking EEG and fMRI correlates of attentional capture and signal suppression, so candidates with strong EEG experience who are interested in learning or developing further in the use of fMRI techniques are particularly encouraged to apply. We also have access to significant eye tracking resources (see below), so proficiency with eye tracking techniques is also desirable.

My lab houses significant resources of conducting experiments. We have 8 individual testing rooms and will soon be acquiring our 4th EyeLink 1000 Plus eye tracker. A new Siemens Prisma 3T magnet and brand new human brain imaging facility is slated to open next month (September 2022), and my lab is part of a vibrant brain imaging community that will be utilizing this resource. Given the size of Texas A&M University and corresponding access to prospective participants (e.g., over 50,000 undergraduate students), the candidate will have unique opportunities to be highly productive and fully leverage the significant resources that members of my lab have access to.

To apply, applicants should email a cover letter, CV, and contact information for 2-3 references to brian.anderson at tamu.edu.

For more information on the lab, visit: http://andersonlab.sites.tamu.edu/