[visionlist] "Ganzflicker: art science and psychedelic experience" museum exhibition in Southport, UK 11-19th November

Reshanne Reeder reshanne.reeder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:53:36 -04 2022

*What if you could have a psychedelic experience without the psychedelics?
<https://theconversation.com/pseudo-hallucinations-why-some-people-see-more-vivid-mental-images-than-others-test-yourself-here-163025>
*

Cognitive neuroscientist Dr Reshanne Reeder (Edge Hill University), and art
historian Dr Matthew MacKisack (University of Exeter) have teamed up to
create a museum exhibition that brings the mind’s eye out into the real
world!

*Ganzflicker: Art, science, and psychedelic experience*
<https://www.reshannereeder.com/ganzflicker-exhibit> (11-19th November 2022
at The Atkinson in Southport) is a showcase of visual illusions and
flickering light techniques that have been used throughout history to
create visions and altered states of consciousness.

Now you can try out these Ganzflicker techniques in person – bring your
friends and family to see for yourself how different our internal
experiences are! Come to our “meet an artist” weekend, where artist Kirsten
Baron will bring your experiences to the canvas!

To book your free tickets to our after-hours events, including an opening
reception and “meet an artist” evenings, please visit our virtual
exhibition page here <https://reshannereeder.com/ganzflicker-exhibit>.

Strobe lighting will be used during the event. It may be unsafe for those
with epilepsy and other conditions with sensitivity to light.

This event is part of the Being Human festival
<https://www.beinghumanfestival.org/>, the UK’s national festival of the
humanities, taking place 10–19 November 2022. Led by the School of Advanced
Study, University of London <https://www.sas.ac.uk/>, in partnership with
the Arts and Humanities Research Council
<https://www.ukri.org/councils/ahrc/> and the British Academy
<https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/>. For further information please see
beinghumanfestival.org.