[visionlist] Six fully funded PhD candidate or predoc research positions on "Machine Learning and Computer Vision" and the "International Artificial Intelligence Doctoral Academy (AIDA)" in AIIA Lab, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
ioannakoroni at csd.auth.gr
Tue Oct 18 03:25:37 -04 2022
The Artificial Intelligence and Information Analysis Laboratory (AIIA Lab,
<https://aiia.csd.auth.gr/computer-vision-machine-learning/> AIIA.CVML R&D
group) of the School of Informatics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki,
Greece (AUTH) has six open PhD candidate or predoc research positions.
Applicants may become PhD candidates or just do R&D work. The interested
applicant must have strong theoretical and/or applied background in machine
learning and computer vision, with an emphasis on deep learning. Potential
(not exclusive) application domains include robotics/autonomous systems and
* Extreme visual and social media data analytics for natural disasters
* Visual drone-based industrial pipeline inspection (SIMAR)
* Deep digital media analysis (AI4Media)
* New decentralized deep learning methods (AI4Media)
* Fast embedded drone visual analysis (TEMA, AerialCore)
* Support International Artificial Intelligence Doctoral Academy (
<https://www.i-aida.org> AIDA, AI4Europe)
The director of the AIIA Lab is Prof. Ioannis Pitas, who is also the chair
of the International Artificial Intelligence Doctoral Academy (AIDA, from
the AI4Media project). Thessaloniki is a large port city with very low
living costs and easy access to many local tourist attractions, while AUTH
is the largest university in SE Europe.
<https://www.i-aida.org/> International Artificial Intelligence Doctoral
<https://www.ai4media.eu/> AI4Media EU/Horizon 2020 Project (2019-2023)
Horizon Europe projects that just started or are expected to start soon:
TEMA Horizon 2022 Project (2022-2026)
AI4Europe Horizon 2022 Project (2022-2025)
SIMAR Horizon 2022 Project (2022-2025)
What we offer
- Competitive EU-level remuneration package and guaranteed funding for a
minimum of 24 months, which can be extended to cover the entire PhD
- Opportunities to develop research and programming skills and mentor
- International collaborations with many top universities/research
1. MSc degree (or any 4-5 year degree) in Computer Science or
2. Good programming (C++, Python) and theoretical/math skills.
3. Specialization or coursework in machine learning and/or computer
vision are desirable.
4. Any publications in international journals or conferences are
5. Good English writing skills.
* Applications of persons who are expected to finish their studies in the
very near future are welcomed.
The interested candidate must send an e-mail to Prof. Ioannis Pitas
pitas at csd.auth.gr <mailto:pitas at csd.auth.gr> , until 11/11/2022, with the
- Curriculum vitae,
- Publication list (if any)
Names of person to provide recommendation letters are welcomed.
<mailto:pitas at csd.auth.gr> pitas at csd.auth.gr
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist