[visionlist] Lecturer position (Assistant Professor) in Psychology - University of Aberdeen (UK)

Manassi, Mauro mauro.manassi at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Oct 31 06:52:06 -04 2022

Dear all,

A lecturer position (~Assistant Professor) is available at the School of Psychology of University of Aberdeen (UK).
The detailed application procedure can be found here (deadline: November 13th): https://www.abdnjobs.co.uk/vacancy/lectureship-in-psychology-503167.html (see details below)

Best wishes,

Mauro

Mauro Manassi
Lecturer
School of Psychology
William Guild Building, Room F11
University of Aberdeen, UK
https://www.mauromanassi.com/

Lectureship in Psychology

As part of the continued development of the School of Psychology at the University of Aberdeen, applications are invited from candidates who have a track record of outstanding independent research, as evidenced by high quality publications in leading academic journals and have interests which extend the School’s existing research strengths.

Research in the School of Psychology falls broadly into three themes: (1) Perception & Attention, (2) Cognition, and (3) Social Cognition.  Although each staff member is assigned to a single theme, there is extensive collaboration and overlap of interests within the School.  The School houses state-of-the-art facilities to support world-leading research across these three themes, including extensive eye tracking facilities (both lab-based and mobile), EEG systems, TMS systems, psychophysics laboratories and motion tracking facilities.

We have a particular research expertise on the perceptual, cognitive and social dimensions of human behaviour, drawing on research across the three themes.  We are looking to build upon our existing strengths in this domain, with a goal to model mechanisms of human interaction through the application of behavioural science, artificial intelligence and neuroscience techniques.  We welcome applicants with expertise that can extend and enhance our research portfolio, including, but not limited to, the use of data science techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and computational modelling to advance psychological research.

Should you wish to make an informal enquiry, please contact Professor Amelia Hunt (a.hunt at abdn.ac.uk<mailto:a.hunt at abdn.ac.uk>), Chair of Search Committee. Please do not email applications to Professor Hunt and apply online for this position www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs<http://www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs>.

Should you require a visa to undertake employment in the UK you will be required to fulfil the minimum points criteria to be granted a Certificate of Sponsorship under the requirements of the Skilled Worker visa.  At the time an offer of appointment is made, you will be asked to demonstrate that you fulfil the criteria in respect of qualification and competency in English. For research and academic posts, we will consider eligibility under the Global Talent visa. Please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Storey, HR Adviser (e-mail: lauren.storey at abdn.ac.uk<mailto:lauren.storey at abdn.ac.uk>) for further information.

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.