[visionlist] Studentship Opportunities in Southampton

Christoph Witzel cwitzel at daad-alumni.de
Thu Nov 10 06:25:06 -04 2022

Hi everybody,

We would like to invite accomplished and highly motivated master or
final-year undergraduate students to consider one of our competitive PhD
and PhD+Master opportunities invisual perception at the School of
Psychology of the University of Southampton
<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/psychology/research/centres/centre-for-perception-and-cognition.page>(UK).
There are several attractive funding opportunities with deadlines in
January and February. I append a list of possible PhD projects with my
colleagues and me below. Feel free to contact us about further information.

THANK YOU!

Christoph (P.S. Sorry for cross-posting :))

*PhD Opportunities*

·For a BBSRC-funded PhD opportunity on the Physiology of Colour
Afterimages with Christoph Witzel (Southampton) & Jenny Bosten (Uni
Sussex, Brighton), *see advertisement here*
<https://southcoastbiosciencesdtp.ac.uk/project/the-physiology-of-colour-afterimages-2/>.

·For PhD projects on colour perception and cognition with *Christoph
Witzel, see information here*
<https://www.efolio.soton.ac.uk/blog/cw2v19/phd-opportunities/>.

·For projects on scene perception or multisensory perception, *please
contact Erich Graf*
<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/people/5wzxpy/doctor-erich-graf>**or
*Wendy Adams*
<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/people/5wzx72/professor-wendy-adams>.

·For projects on visual search in the lab and in the field (x-ray
screening, radiology) *please contact Hayward Godwin*
<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/people/5x7gwr/doctor-hayward-godwin>.

·For projects on eye movements during reading, *please contact Denis
Drieghe*
<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/people/5x6gmg/doctor-denis-drieghe>.

·For projects on visually guided reaching, multi-digit grasping, mental
imagery, and intuitive physics, *please contact Guido Maiello*
<https://www.guidomaiello.com/>.