[visionlist] PhD scholarships - Perth Australia

Allison McKendrick allison.mckendrick at uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 14 01:16:52 -04 2022

Two prestigious PhD scholarships are available for 2023 commencement: 1) The Alvina King PhD Scholarship in Optometry; 2) The Francis and Edna Jones Memorial Scholarship in Optometry.

The successful PhD scholars will be based at the University of Western Australia/ Lions Eye Institute, Perth, supervised by Prof Allison McKendrick. Our environment is highly interdisciplinary, involving leading optometry, ophthalmology and data science researchers.

If you want to solve problems associated with age-related eye disease, enjoy working with others, and are keen to pursue a research higher degree, this might be the ideal opportunity for you. Projects will involve human clinical research data collection and data science techniques.

Applicants will be required to meet the standard entry criteria for a PhD at the University of Western Australia: https://www.uwa.edu.au/study/courses/doctor-of-philosophy
Candidates will ideally have completed a Masters degree or have other equivalent research training in a relevant discipline; have experience with the publication process; have excellent written and oral communication skills; and be interested in quantitative research involving people.

For more information, please send an expression of interest, including your CV to allison.mckendrick at uwa.edu.au

*****

Professor Allison McKendrick (she/her)
UWA and Lions Eye Institute, Chair in Optometry Research
School of Allied Health  *  M514, Perth WA 6009 Australia
*  allison.mckendrick at uwa.edu.au<mailto:allison.mckendrick at uwa.edu.au>
*  allison.mckendrick at lei.org.au<mailto:allison.mckendrick at lei.org.au>

[The University of Western Australia]<https://www.web.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/uwa-logo>
[UWA on Facebook]<https://www.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/facebook>  [UWA on Twitter] <https://www.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/twitter>   [UWA on Youtube] <https://www.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/youtube>   [UWA on Linked In] <https://www.web.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/linkedin>   [UWA on Instagram] <https://www.web.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/instagram>
[cid:image012.jpg at 01D8F82B.5A938890]

[cid:image011.png at 01D8F82B.33D32F30]
We acknowledge we are situated on Noongar land, and that Noongar people remain the spiritual and cultural custodians of their land, and continue to practise their values, languages, beliefs and knowledge. We pay our respects to the traditional owners of the lands on which we live and work across Western Australia and Australia.