[visionlist] Researcher (Computer Vision / Robotics / Machine Learning) in Toshiba Europe, Cambridge, UK

Rudra Poudel rudra.poudel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:51:23 -04 2022

Dear All,

we are looking for,
*Researcher (Computer Vision / Robotics / Machine Learning)*
here at *Toshiba Europe Limited, Cambridge, UK*.
Details and Apply here: https://careers.toshiba.eu/displayjob.aspx?jobid=366

*Job Reference:* 000314
*Location:* UK - Cambridge
*Closing Date:* 30/11/2022
*Job Posted Date:* 31/10/2022
*Salary:* Competitive
*Employment Type:* Permanent - Full-time
*Business Type:* Research & Development
**Entry and Senior Level availabilities**

Committed to People, Committed to the Future. The Toshiba Group is an
ambitious and forward-thinking brand, which is recognised for its history
of world leading manufacturing and design of advanced electronics and
information systems. We develop reliable technologies in the area of social
infrastructure, energy, electronic devices and digital solutions with the
aim of achieving a sustainable tomorrow. The Cambridge Research Laboratory
is a vital part of Toshiba’s worldwide research and development network, as
it is responsible for a number of significant world-first developments, and
the results of its research are frequently finding their way into new
Toshiba products.

Our staff are our greatest asset. We are an equal opportunity employer,
recruiting the most talented researchers and allow them to work in a
well-resourced, multicultural and academic environment to promote
independent thought and creativity. Publishing at major conferences and in
top journals is our main objective, and you will be able to actively
contribute to our collaborations with Oxford and Cambridge Universities
(Associate Membership is also possible), and the Toshiba Corporate R&D
Center in Japan.

*Responsibilities*

   - Develop and investigate new ideas in computer vision, robotics and/or
   artificial intelligence
   - Contribute to Toshiba’s future technologies and transfer technologies
   to Toshiba Cooperation
   - Attend conferences to present your work and represent Toshiba
   - Possibility to propose and supervise internships and PhD research

*Key Qualifications*

   - A Ph.D. in computer vision, artificial intelligence or a related field
   - (2+ years post-doctoral or equivalent industrial experience is
   beneficial)
   - First-author publications at major computer vision, robotics and AI
   conferences and/or journals
   - Hands-on experience with theoretical derivations and practical
   implementations
   - (solid programming skills in C++, Python, Tensorflow and/or PyTorch
   are beneficial)
   - Strong verbal and written communication skills

*Expertise*

In-depth knowledge of fundamentals and state of the art in one or more of
the following topics:

   - Embodied AI (e.g. Collaborative Robotics, Causal RL, Domain
   Adaptation, Explainable AI)
   - 3D Geometry (e.g. 3D Reconstruction, Localization, Real-time methods)
   - Multi-modal systems (e.g. Vision-and-language models, Human-Robot
   interaction, Robot Learning)

*What we offer*

   - Academic and research-oriented environment to perform fundamental
   research
   - Established collaborations with world-class academics (e.g. at Oxford
   and Cambridge)
   - Competitive salary and flexible working hours
   - Comprehensive medical insurance and performance-based monetary bonuses

Best Regards,

Rudra Poudel

Web: www.rudrapoudel.com | Twitter: @RudraPoudel
<https://twitter.com/RudraPoudel>