[visionlist] PhD program in Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Rochester

Martina Poletti martina.poletti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:38:10 -04 2022

*The Department for Brain & Cognitive Sciences at the University of
Rochester is inviting applications for its PhD program.* We seek
exceptional students from a broad range of backgrounds with a strong
interest in understanding the neural and computational basis of perception,
cognition and action using experimental and theoretical approaches.

*Application Deadline:* December 4, 2022, strongly encouraged but late
applications accepted

*Start Date: *July or September 2023.

*Application Details & Link:*
http://www.sas.rochester.edu/bcs/graduate/admission.html

*Program Info:* http://www.sas.rochester.edu/bcs/graduate/curriculum.html.

*We especially encourage applications from minority and/or underrepresented
students. *

The BCS department <http://www.sas.rochester.edu/bcs/> is one of the
leading places of research in Brain & Cognitive Sciences and at the center
of a vibrant and supportive scientific community. It has particularly
strong ties to the Center of Visual Science <https://www.cvs.rochester.edu>,
the Department for Neuroscience
<https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/neuroscience.aspx>, the Department for
Computer Science <https://www.cs.rochester.edu>, the Department for
Linguistics <http://www.sas.rochester.edu/lin/>, and the Data Science
Institute <https://www.sas.rochester.edu/dsc/>. PhD students with
interdisciplinary research programs are eligible for joint PhD degrees with
several departments.

Every admitted PhD student is guaranteed 5 years of funding at currently
~$31.5k/yr (currently equivalent to ~120% NIH rate) which affords a good
standard of living in an inexpensive city. We also provide a single plan UR
health insurance, full tuition scholarship, paid family leave, and enduring
NY State social protections. Both University and city are exceptionally
LGBTQIA+ friendly.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our
beloved program administrator Kathy Corser <kcorser at ur.rochester.edu> or to
any of our PIs directly.

--
Martina Poletti, PhD