[visionlist] Job opening: Canada Research Chair in Technological Change for Inclusion in Vancouver, Canada

Bernhard Riecke ber1 at sfu.ca
Sun Nov 27 19:54:42 -04 2022

The School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) at Simon Fraser
University in Vancouver, Canada, is announcing a prestigious faculty
position: a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Technological Change for
Inclusion. (Canada Research Chairs are distinguished professorships).
This call is for a tenure track Assistant or Associate Professor and is
open to international and national applicants. Applicants must have
received their PhD within the last 10 years.

While technological advances aim to improve our quality of life, they
often perpetuate and reproduce longstanding structural and systemic
social injustices and inequalities. SIAT acknowledges the urgency for
critical research in issues such as systemic racism, social inequity,
and decoloniality that advocate for inclusion and justice in technology,
and we acknowledge our challenges in meeting these needs. The successful
applicant will join us in advancing technological change for inclusion,
especially in an area for change that we see as a priority in SIAT. This
includes critical algorithm studies and algorithmic bias, intersectional
and decolonial approaches to technology, and climate justice or labour
at the intersection of technological innovation. We are also open to
other related programs of research that address the goals of
technological change for inclusion.

If you are interested in applying or know of any suitable applicants in
your network of colleagues, post-docs, and former students please direct
them to the advertisement and encourage them to apply before application
review starts.

The full advertisement and application instructions are on our website
http://www.sfu.ca/siat/hiring/crc.html. Application review will begin
January 15, 2023.

Best wishes
Bernhard
--
*Bernhard Riecke, PhD*
Professor | School of Interactive Arts & Technology (SIAT)

Simon Fraser University Surrey | 250 - 13450 102 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3T
0A3, Canada
Office: 2770 (Podium 2) | iSpaceLab.com/Riecke
<http://www.iSpaceLab.com/Riecke> | SIAT homepage
<http://www.sfu.ca/siat/people/faculty/bernhard-riecke.html>
E-mail: ber1 at sfu.ca | Twitter: BernhardRiecke
<https://twitter.com/BernhardRiecke> | Instragram: Bernhard_Riecke