[visionlist] Psychology Visiting Professor at NYU Abu Dhabi (deadline: 15 December 2022)

Robert Volcic r.volcic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 04:30:08 -04 2022

Apply here: https://apply.interfolio.com/116060

Description

The Division of Science at NYU Abu Dhabi is searching for accomplished individuals to join the Psychology program (https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/academics/divisions/science/academic-programs/psychology.html) as a Visiting Professor (assistant, associate, or full).

Applicants holding a PhD, with teaching experience in all areas of psychology are welcome to apply, especially those with teaching experience in biological psychology, research methods and statistics. Candidates are expected to be excellent teachers of undergraduate courses. The expected teaching load is two undergraduate courses per semester (four courses per academic year). The appointment can be either one semester or a full year. The classes are relatively small and typically have at most 20 students.

The Psychology Program at NYUAD is composed of a vibrant group of researchers investigating perception, cognition, social, and developmental psychology, and houses cutting edge research facilities, such as a 208-channel MEG system, a 3T MRI facility, as well as EEG, eye-tracking and behavioral testing facilities.

NYUAD values diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity; and such principles are fundamental to the university’s mission (https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/nyuad-at-a-glance/vision-and-mission.html). The student body is made up of students from more than 115 countries, with no single one nationality exceeding more than 15 percent of the total student population. Across its four divisions, NYUAD is also home to more than 320 faculty who represent more than 45 different nationalities; and 400 research staff, who are likewise drawn from all over the world.

About NYU Abu Dhabi

Established in partnership between New York University (NYU) and the emirate of Abu Dhabi, over the last decade, NYUAD has assembled a remarkable community of scholars, students, researchers, artists, inventors, and others who have contributed to the growth of the UAE’s capital as a global hub of knowledge and culture while establishing a new model of higher education for today’s complex world.

NYUAD is animated by inspiring and diverse faculty, students, and staff working together in an exciting and dynamic city. As an international center of excellence in teaching and research, our goal is to attract outstanding faculty who are leaders in their fields, encouraging them to create programs that draw outstanding students and provide an intellectually rich environment.

NYUAD students come from more than 126 countries, with no single nationality exceeding more than 15 percent of the total student population. Likewise, our over 320 faculty members represent more than 45 nationalities and bring a global perspective to their classrooms and research projects. NYUAD is committed to building and strengthening a university-wide culture of inclusion, diversity, belonging and equity (IDBE), which is fundamental to the University’s commitment to excellence. Visit our website for more information on NYUAD’s commitment to IDBE and how these values are fundamental to our mission (https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/inclusion-diversity-belonging-and-equity.html).

Students are drawn from among the world’s best. They are bright, intellectually passionate, and committed to building a campus environment anchored in mutual respect, understanding, and care. The NYUAD undergraduate student body has garnered an impressive record of scholarships, graduate-school admissions, and other global honors. Graduate education is an area of growth for the University; the current graduate student population of over 100 students is expected to expand in the next decade as we develop new graduate programs.

Working for NYUAD

At NYUAD, we recognize that Abu Dhabi is more than where you work; it’s your home. In order for faculty to thrive, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. This starts with a generous relocation allowance; educational assistance for your dependents; access to health and wellness services; and more. NYUAD is committed to faculty success throughout the academic trajectory, providing support for ambitious and world-class research projects and innovative, interactive teaching approaches. Support for dual-career families is a priority. Visit our website for more information on benefits for you and your dependents (https://nyuad.nyu.edu/content/dam/nyuad/about/careers/magazines/NYU-Abu-Dhabi-Compensation-and-Benefits.pdf).

Qualifications

This position requires a Ph.D. in Psychology or Psychology subdiscipline (e.g., Cognitive Science, Linguistics).

Application Instructions

To apply for this position, please submit the following items:

- CV
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement
- Recent teaching evaluations (if available)
- Names and contact information of three (3) references for recommendation letters to be solicited at a later stage of the search process. Do not include the letters in your uploaded documents.

We will begin reviewing applications immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates are expected to interview in Spring 2023, which may include a short teaching/research presentation. We anticipate that successful candidates can start the appointment and relocate to Abu Dhabi in Fall 2023.

Visiting faculty (if not retired) must be able to obtain leave of absence and a letter of no objection from their home institution.

NYUAD is committed to equality and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University.

For questions about this position, please email nyuad.science at nyu.edu.

Join NYU Abu Dhabi, an exceptional place for exceptional people.

NYUAD values diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity; such principles are fundamental to the university's commitment to excellence. NYUAD is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from members of traditionally underrepresented groups, women, and UAE nationals. Multidisciplinary research and exceptional teaching in a highly diverse and inclusive campus community are hallmarks of the University’s mission.

@WorkAtNYUAD
#nyuadfacultycareers

Equal Employment Opportunity Statement

For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr

NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.