[visionlist] PhD scholarship - analysis of human vision data, Perth, Australia

Allison McKendrick allison.mckendrick at uwa.edu.au
Tue Dec 13 01:14:12 -04 2022

Prof Andrew Turpin (Curtin University & Lions Eye Institute) and Prof Allison McKendrick (UWA & Lions Eye Institute) are offering a PhD stipend to a suitable candidate to work on "structure-function" problems in glaucoma. In particular, the project will involve researching, testing and developing new combinations of measurements from retinal images (high-resolution optical coherence tomography) and measures of vision (visual field assessment) to aid clinical decision making in the treatment of glaucoma. The project will require advanced analytical skills, design or human-computer-interaction interests and coding in either R or Python.

Desired attributes

  1.  Suitable research background for admission to a PhD at Curtin University
  2.  Some knowledge of retinal anatomy or clinical knowledge in a relevant field
  3.  Experience in coding in R, Python or some computing language.
  4.  Experience in design thinking, participatory design or HCI.

Availability

The scholarship is for 3.5 years commencing as soon as possible.

Funding for the scholarship is from Heidelberg Engineering (Germany). An industry internship may be possible during the PhD candidature.

Expressions of interest are to be submitted to Prof Andrew Turpin: andrew.turpin at curtin.edu.au
Your EOI should include a statement of interest, your CV, and full prior academic transcripts
Closing date for EOI: 31st December 2022

*****
Professor Allison McKendrick (she/her)
UWA and Lions Eye Institute, Chair in Optometry Research
School of Allied Health  *  M514, Perth WA 6009 Australia
*  allison.mckendrick at uwa.edu.au<mailto:allison.mckendrick at uwa.edu.au>
*  allison.mckendrick at lei.org.au<mailto:allison.mckendrick at lei.org.au>

[The University of Western Australia]<https://www.web.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/uwa-logo>
[UWA on Facebook]<https://www.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/facebook>  [UWA on Twitter] <https://www.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/twitter>   [UWA on Youtube] <https://www.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/youtube>   [UWA on Linked In] <https://www.web.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/linkedin>   [UWA on Instagram] <https://www.web.uwa.edu.au/university-campaigns-resources/emailsig2015/instagram>
[cid:image008.jpg at 01D90EF4.C9EDBC30]

[cid:image010.png at 01D90EF4.C9EDBC30]
We acknowledge we are situated on Noongar land, and that Noongar people remain the spiritual and cultural custodians of their land, and continue to practise their values, languages, beliefs and knowledge. We pay our respects to the traditional owners of the lands on which we live and work across Western Australia and Australia.