[visionlist] Post-doc position in Roland Fleming's lab in Giessen

Roland Fleming roland.w.fleming at psychol.uni-giessen.de
Thu Dec 15 13:29:15 -04 2022

A fully funded Postdoctoral position is available in Giessen, Germany, to join the group of Roland Fleming at the Psychology Department of Giessen University. The project is led by Roland Fleming and Filipp Schmidt, and is investigating the categorization and neural processing of visual information in material perception, using behavioral experiments, machine learning and functional imaging.

The ideal candidate would have a strong background in perception and/or motor control, although we will also consider particularly strong candidates from other backgrounds.  Experience with any of the following would be a significant bonus:

- Computational modelling of perceptual and/or motor processes
- Machine learning, especially deep learning
- fMRI
- Interest in basic research and experimental work, especially on objects and materials
- Programming experience in MATLAB and/or Python

A doctoral degree in psychology or related discipline is a prerequisite.

The Fleming lab is situated in one of the top research environments for visual perception and sensorimotor research worldwide, with a large group of Principle Investigators and a thriving and diverse community of junior researchers working on perception and action using psychophysics, eye-, hand- and body-tracking, VR, fMRI, EEG, machine learning and other methods.  We run several large-scale research consortia (http://www.sfb-perception.de <http://www.sfb-perception.de/>, https://www.theadaptivemind.de/ <https://www.theadaptivemind.de/>) providing excellent local and international networking opportunities. Giessen is also ideally located in the centre of western Europe, with half-a-dozen other countries a mere train-ride away.

Starting date is flexible, but sooner is preferred over later.
The position is for a fixed term of two years.

If you are interested, we look forward to hearing from you

Apply via the online form at https://www.uni-giessen.de/karriere/stellenangebote/application <https://www.uni-giessen.de/karriere/stellenangebote/application> by January 15th 2023, indicating reference number 694/06. Informal inquiries are encouraged and should be sent by email to Roland.W.Fleming at psychol.uni-giessen.de <mailto:Roland.W.Fleming at psychol.uni-giessen.de> or filipp.schmidt at psychol.uni-giessen.de <mailto:filipp.schmidt at psychol.uni-giessen.de>.

We look forward to having you on our team!

Roland and Filipp

Prof. Roland W Fleming, FRSB
Kurt Koffka Professor of Experimental Psychology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen
Executive Director, Centre for Mind, Brain and Behaviour, Universities of Marburg and Giessen

Otto-Behaghel-Str 10, 35394 Giessen, GERMANY
tel: 0641 99-26140
http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/fleminglab <http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/fleminglab>