[visionlist] The Algonauts Project 2023 Challenge is now live: How the Human Brain Makes Sense of Natural Scenes

Martina G. Vilas martinagonzalezvilas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:09:03 -04 2023

Dear colleagues,

We announce the 2023 challenge sponsored by The Algonauts Project
<http://algonauts.csail.mit.edu/>: How the Human Brain Makes Sense of
Natural Scenes. We invite you to join us in a competition to develop the
best computer model of how the human brain responds to natural scenes.

Participants whose models most closely match recorded brain data (top 3)
will receive monetary prizes and be invited to present their work on Aug.
24th at this year’s Conference on Cognitive Computational Neuroscience
(CCN). <https://ccneuro.org/>

Submission deadline: July 26, 2023

The Algonauts Project: http://algonauts.csail.mit.edu/

CCN Workshop: How the Human Brain Makes Sense of Natural Scenes

Aug. 24, 2023

Organizers will summarize the outcome and provide hands-on tutorials.

Challenge winners are invited to present the results of their work.

Panel discussion about challenges in NeuroAI.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop in August, and we hope you
will consider joining the challenge!

Best wishes,

The Algonauts Project Team

*Algonauts 2023 Project Team:*

Radoslaw Cichy, Freie Universität Berlin

Kendrick Kay, University of Minnesota

Aude Oliva, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Gemma Roig, Goethe University Frankfurt

Alessandro Gifford, Freie Universität Berlin

Benjamin Lahner, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Alex Lascelles, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Sari Saba-Sadiya, Goethe University Frankfurt & FIAS

Martina Vilas, Goethe University Frankfurt & ESI