[visionlist] Reminder: PhD student and postdoc jobs in Gießen, Germany

Daniel Kaiser danielkaiser.net at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:37:17 -04 2023

Hi everyone,

This is a reminder that I have PhD student and postdoc jobs to fill in my
lab, application deadline is 31st Jan 2023. The original email with all the
information is below.
Please spread the word and/or apply!

I have openings for PhD students and postdocs in my lab at the University
of Gießen, Germany. The positions are available from March 2023, but the
start date is somewhat flexible.

The positions are financed through an ERC Starting Grant titled PEP:
"Personalized Priors - How individual differences in internal models
explain idiosyncrasies in natural vision". In the project, we will explore
how individuals' priors about the composition of typical real-world
environments explain the ways in which we all perceive the world
differently. To do this, we will use a combination of creative behavioral
assessments (like drawing), neuroimaging (EEG & fMRI), as well as
computational models (like deepnets and generative networks).

The postdoc funding is initially for 3 years, and can be extended to up to
5 years. For postdocs, I'm looking for people with neuroimaging experience
(EEG and fMRI), ideally with a strong programming (Matlab/Python) and
analysis background. Experience with deep learning would be a strong plus.
The postdoc ad can be found here:
https://www.uni-giessen.de/karriere/stellenangebote/ausschreibungen/wissenschaftliche-mitarbeiter/754-07-e

The PhD student funding is initially for 3 years, and can be extended to up
to 4 years. For PhD students, I'm looking for motivated and talented
students with some previous research experience (ideally in vision), a
strong interest in vision research and neuroscience, and good quantitative
skills. Good programming knowledge in Matlab/Python would be a plus. The
Phd student ad is here:
https://www.uni-giessen.de/karriere/stellenangebote/ausschreibungen/wissenschaftliche-mitarbeiter/755-07-e

The students and postdocs will be part of my Neural Computation lab at
Justus-Liebig-University Gießen (https://www.uni-giessen.de). You can find
further information about the lab, our research and recent publications on
my webpage: https://www.danielkaiser.net

Beyond our lab, Gießen offers a unique world-class community of vision
researchers, with a supportive and collaborative atmosphere and excellent
opportunities for discussion and training. As a city, Gießen is a small but
lively university town close to Frankfurt with a high proportion of
students.

Please feel free to circulate this offer further or to pass it on to
potential candidates. If you are interested in applying, I'm very happy to
informally answer any questions you may have. Simply get in touch over
email: danielkaiser.net at gmail.com

Application deadline for the positions is 31st Jan 2023.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

--
Prof. Dr. Daniel Kaiser