[visionlist] PhD openings in AI+VR for low vision rehab

Jacob Chakareski jacobcha at njit.edu
Mon Jan 30 19:51:20 -04 2023

We have two PhD openings (full-time or visiting) in our lab at the
intersection of AI and VR, with a focus on a medical application, to develop
an intelligent system for automated orientation and mobility training of
low-vision persons (Summer/Fall 2023). The positions are part of an ongoing
NIH project (https://sites.google.com/njit.edu/nih-low-rehab/).
Candidates with background in ECE, CS, or the vision sciences are encouraged
to apply. Experience in Unity 3D, python, and ML methods is recommended.

The positions are fully funded, inclusive of summer support. They provide
ample opportunities for collaboration and career advancement. To apply,
please send promptly a CV, a description of your research interests and
background, your course transcripts, and a list of three references. Please
include any published papers. For info on our studies, you can visit:
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=56gJcDoAAAAJ&hl=en, www.jakov.org.

Thank you and best regards,
Jacob